Messaging Hub w/ Facebook Chat: Hit & Miss

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
they really can't fix it if its on Facebook's server... Facebook isn't exactly.. Cooperative.

Why offer an embedded service for fb chat if you say it's not your fault and point the fingers to Facebook??!
IF IT IS EMBEDDED THEY MUST FIX IT!
Is that simple! You just cannot say, not our fault is not working! It is damn not acceptable.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Why offer an embedded service for fb chat if you say it's not your fault and point the fingers to Facebook??!
IF IT IS EMBEDDED THEY MUST FIX IT!
Is that simple! You just cannot say, not our fault is not working! It is damn not acceptable.
your clearly not thinking correctly. They did all they can to make it work, to be honest I'd rather them take it out right now so ignorant people like you stop ********. You obviously have never had the chance to run even a small business.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Dudes dont get rude, lets focus on the problem, maybe we need some help to make them (both parts) put a little more effort in making work again and improve the service, dont you think?

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
your clearly not thinking correctly. They did all they can to make it work, to be honest I'd rather them take it out right now so ignorant people like you stop ********. You obviously have never had the chance to run even a small business.

mate, please, get offline! I mean, right now, disconnect from the internet and never come back!
When you pay for a device that is advertised doing some things that are embedded not through some apps, then its the maker god damn fault! Give me a break with the business, I'm in corporate environment for a long time to know how things work, on the other hand you are just a puppy defending blindly and licking MS foot for no reason.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
mate, please, get offline! I mean, right now, disconnect from the internet and never come back!
When you pay for a device that is advertised doing some things that are embedded not through some apps, then its the maker god damn fault! Give me a break with the business, I'm in corporate environment for a long time to know how things work, on the other hand you are just a puppy defending blindly and licking MS foot for no reason.
mate, please, run your own business now! Outages due to an outsourced client can't be helped, Microsoft or Apple will both tell you that. Its point blank. Microsoft is doing what it needs to (working on problem and explained situation multiple times). You seriously need to get offline if you can't comprehend the fact that outsourced features may go down if the client side server dont support your product. I live WP and I wish it worked 24/7 as well, but I'm not naive enough to realize that outages are to be expected when they're nit using a product from their own company...

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
and I'm not saying MS is not to blame, but they're not at fault. They shouldn't make unrealistic promises, but they're doing everything on their side. Lets not talk about the 2 small companies I managed ( <30 people each ) I worked for a shipping company. When the company was busy during holidays, we would skimp out and not deliver, due to lack of employees, to the companies lowest on the priority list. Thats basically what FB is doing to MS. They're lowest priority, and we have to deal with that.

Speaking of companies having to own up, I work in a hospital now on third shift, a CHS organization (one of top 3 biggest healthcare organization). And today the outsourced cafeteria company couldn't send an employee due to lack of staff, and now I can't buy lunch today... It happens to all companies when you choose to add a service that isn't your own.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Since Microsoft's Win 8/RT chat app works fine with Facebook, and has done since release, we can see that MS is perfectly capable of connecting to FB chat without issue. FB is not preventing them from doing this. It's just that MS have decided not to put the effort/resources into making this work on the WP form factor. FB are clearly not the problem here.

Whilst I do like Windows Phone a lot, MS fanboys who try to paper over the cracks are not getting us any closer to persuading them to sort it out. Please stop undermining our case. Thankyou.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Since Microsoft's Win 8/RT chat app works fine with Facebook, and has done since release, we can see that MS is perfectly capable of connecting to FB chat without issue. FB is not preventing them from doing this. It's just that MS have decided not to put the effort/resources into making this work on the WP form factor. FB are clearly not the problem here.

Whilst I do like Windows Phone a lot, MS fanboys who try to paper over the cracks are not getting us any closer to persuading them to sort it out. Please stop undermining our case. Thankyou.
The thing is my FB WP8 works near flawless with notification except message come in late on all, as the do in the integrated chat. Happens on my Surface RT and Main Desktop as well in integrated chat. For me none if it is reliable except the actual website. None of my MS software gets message updates, but my WP8 get flawless notifications, just not messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon