WP8 not observing daylight saving

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently visiting Washington DC from Asia. My 820 phone does not automatically adjust to daylight saving time. My time is off 1 hour earlier. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
No fear Zack. G is here to help you out.

Carefully go into your phones setting for date / time. Now don't panic Zack. Move the hour exactly one hour forward. If all is still well than its safe to resume you day.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks G. I know you can set the time manually, but is there any way to automatically set the time? Anyways, my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 is even worse. It does not even recognize that I am not in Asia anymore.

No fear Zack. G is here to help you out.

Carefully go into your phones setting for date / time. Now don't panic Zack. Move the hour exactly one hour forward. If all is still well than its safe to resume you day.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Cell phones get your timezone (the one that is related to your day light savings time adjustment) and clock sync from cell towers. In US. AT&T is notorious for mis configure its 2G cell towers all the time. Your phone needs to be on its 3G (or LTE which is probably unlikely for your phone) to get accurate timezone settings. In this case, you are better off manually set up your time zone which is US Eastern Time zone (UTC-5) in your case.

Wifi tablets have no way of automatically adjust timezone. You just have to manually set the time zone yourself.

Both of my WP8 phones adjusted without problems. So WP8 does adjust DST automatically.

murble

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar problem with my Lumia 920 on ATT. If I set the time to automatic, it makes my time zone UTC -6 Saskatchewan. Daylight savings is not observed in Saskatchewan.
If I flip it to manual, and change the time zone to UTC -6 US Central Time, it correctly moves the clock forward one hour.

wp8convert

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I also needed to reboot my AT&T 920 today for it to pick up the DST change. Even then, it didn't adjust until about 5 minutes after the reboot.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What is this DST that you speak of?!?!?!?!?
(sarcasm from someone in Arizona :amaze:)
my argument is that, unless you don't have family or friends outside the state (or care about the time an article was posted online if out of state), you still have to know DST. I get the sarcasm in your post, I guess it's just something I've always felt like saying. My sister used to brag about moving to AZ and not worrying about time changes... Now she never knows what time it is outside the state (and I usually keep forgetting what the time is over there, too, honestly). Provides a slight annoyance when trying to coordinate anything based on any time zone with her. Much easier when everyone is always in sync.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
my argument is that, unless you don't have family or friends outside the state (or care about the time an article was posted online if out of state), you still have to know DST. I get the sarcasm in your post, I guess it's just something I've always felt like saying. My sister used to brag about moving to AZ and not worrying about time changes... Now she never knows what time it is outside the state (and I usually keep forgetting what the time is over there, too, honestly). Provides a slight annoyance when trying to coordinate anything based on any time zone with her. Much easier when everyone is always in sync.
Indiana has had controversy surrounding time for many years. Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Which is why I have a smartphone that has a world time app. Maybe you should get your sister a new phone ;)She (and everyone else) wouldn't have an issue if everyone would just drop DST, then the time shift would stay consistent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon