Nokia 820 making duplicate files by itself

Thisisbigbrother

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago, i went to play music and noticed about 80% of my tracks had about 5 copies each, also recent pictures i had taken there were also multiple copies, so i thought it might be the SD card so i got a new SD card and same problem.. For photos it seems to take a few hours until it reaches 5 copies, i've even seen copies appear mayically while in the Camera Roll gallery.. Not happy Jan

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me too , I didn't think about it much , but Yes its true there seems to be duplicate music files (my phone is the Lumia 920.)

Sanchit Sahay

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Have been facing the issue ever since I got the phone.

Every time I connect the phone to PC, and copy a file in Music folder, I've got duplicate files in my Music app on phone

Some posts suggest that it is due to a setting "Xbox Music cloud collection" being turned on(Settings--> Applications-->Music+videos).
However, turning off his feature does not help, as duplicate file still arrive. Also, it does not explain why such a setting would create duplicates of Photo/Pics

An odd observation:. I've created 4 sub-folders in Music. Whenever I copy a new song in 1 of the folders, the songs of only that folder gets duplicated, and not of other folders.

Duplicating of files is true for photos too. I had 8 duplicates in the phone.. Cleaned them by copying all the stuff onto PC and deleting from phone

Haven't touched the photos folder using PC for a month now, and hence have got no duplicate file in there.

Sascha Hoppe

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
you need to turn off any connection with XBox Music in Music Player Settings. The feature will try to "update" your song information and that will always completely mess things up

Lisa_Pinguo

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm not sure have you heard Advanced mobile care or not, if not, you can have a try.

It was developed by IObit, the producer of Advanced system care, very useful mobile cleaning and security app. You can google it and hope helps.

Just let me know if it helps. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes