Could Nokia's firmware be flashed to my 8X?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a noob question, but I am wondering, if I DL the GDR2 with Navifirm for 920, will it work on my 8X? I mostly need it due to the other storage issue (GDR2 has a new temp files manager).

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What is on Navifirm isn't GDR2 btw. It's just a firmware update. GDR2 will be an OS update coming from Microsoft so even 8X will get it and it will have a fix for other storage issue.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've wondered this as well. Mainly to get Nokia exclusive apps. Mask the phone as a Nokia phone to hit their servers and get city lens, exclusive games, etc...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've wondered this as well. Mainly to get Nokia exclusive apps. Mask the phone as a Nokia phone to hit their servers and get city lens, exclusive games, etc...

no. you would at least need root access (or an interop unlock, maybe?), both isn't possible for WP8 devices atm. Additionally, some apps need drivers or have a check to verify whether your phone really is a Nokia or not. It's possible for WP7 phones.
If you've got a developer unlcoked device, you might find someone with a rooted Lumia (only 710 afaik) who can give you the xap, and maybe there's no further check. If there is one, you'll need someone who can crack it for you. This is, afaik, the only way o doing it on WP8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon