Verizon called to upgrade

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was just called to try and upgrade one of my 2 lines under a family plan which are currently available for upgrade. One of the lines I have the 822 which I paid full retail for the other is a basic line.

The rep was trying to tell me that I could upgrade my windows phone to the Samsung Odyssey and how great the phone is. I told him that I already have the 822 and the only phone I would potentially be interested in is the 928, but only if it has a removable battery. The person tried telling me he has never heard of such a phone which I am sure he were just lies but can't talk about it since it has not been announced officially.

He was also trying to get me off of my unlimited data plan which I am grandfathered into. He even told me that since I have had the 822 I have been hovering around the 2 GB amount and have actually gone over it one of the 3 months I have had the phone.

I'm just shocked that they would try to sell me a lower spec phone that doesn't even sell as good as the one I currently own, and trying to have me pay more money for a share everything family plan which would negate 2 lines with unlimited data where at least 1 line is at or above their standard data plan which costs the same as what I am paying for the unlimited data.

I was asked why I like the Nokia and I went over some of the reasons such as they support the phones and have all kinds of exclusives, I didn't even mention the wireless charging. I did tell him though I will not be getting a phone in the future that does not have a removable battery, so hopefully their will be some with removable batteries in the future.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You're shocked that they want to get you to pay them more money? LOL. It doesn't cost them much to make calls like this and if they can rope in a few people that don't know any better then it's worth it for them.

Re: the Odyssey, I think you're right about them trying to get rid of their inventory. I'm sure it sold poorly since it doesn't stand out over the other WPs in any area, including price. Not sure what they were thinking there.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that he was lying about the 928. I wouldn't expect a low level sales rep to know about phones that haven't been officially announced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon