Facebook messaging problem. help pls!

satpal123

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here in Australia. Everything was working fine until yesterday and then it stopped. Same issue I can't see anyone online but my friends can see me.

By the way last night when I went online on FB Messenger through the messages, I started getting all the previous Skype messages. Seems like some issues with the Transition probably.

anon(5619589)

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I always use this facebook chat in the messaging hub.....this issue will be sorted out very soon rite........im quite scared......Microsoft have noticed this issue or not??????

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I always use this facebook chat in the messaging hub.....this issue will be sorted out very soon rite........im quite scared......Microsoft have noticed this issue or not??????

This has happened before, and it was fixed reasonably quickly. No need to panic quite yet.

josh_ua

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Messaging on my WP8 keeps saying that no one is online. Same in my live.com and People in my Win8. This is sad. :eck:
I'm beginning to think that I made a wrong choice in buying a WP8. :cry:

Rik Mertens

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
To me it still looks like a problem on the facebook end, since other thirdparty websites/apps that connect to facebook seem to have the same problem (and point to facebook for a solution)

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: got new problrm help pls!

Having the same problem here... By 3 days now...
I tried everything and nothing....

Same problem, also going on 3 days. Been in contacts with @Outlook and @MsftHelps on twitter and they say they are investigating but I havent heard an update.

If everyone could do us a favor and report it under "messaging" at status.live.com that would be grreeaaattttt.

thanks!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Turning on Suggestions don't even work. I had to reset my phone because of the 'duplicate' xbox music issue and now suggestions doesn't work, online chat as well (Skype works). Messaging on Windows 8 works fine, so I'm betting this is between Facebook and Windows Phone.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I still see no reply in the discussion. If this keeps up I will move phones as I need Facebook communication. I am not going to jump soon, but constant Facebook hiccups are getting old.

Kenneth Aliprandini

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling microsoft/facebook isnt ever aware of this problem despite so many threads. I've also had the problem for 3 days. it's worked before for close to a year. since fb is integrated they didnt bother making another way to chat on facebook. Having a smart phone and no facebook chat is kind of odd.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I suggest people start tweeting to @winphonesupport to get their attention.

Update: got a reply already. Seems the more people who bring this up the better.

Last edited:

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i don't think there is a problem with MS side.
i think that it is fb's side that has the problem. im+ is also having problem connecting to fb chat on other platforms as well.
even my YM messenger that is connected to fb has no online contacts
has anyone tried a different program for fb chat?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I saw the Twitter response from Microsoft stating that they are currently looking into some users not seeing their Facebook friends online in the messenger hub. However, as I and some others have stated, it appears to be a Facebook problem and may only be affecting certain Facebook accounts. No third party chat programs (Microsoft and Non-Microsoft) are pulling up my Facebook friends. I can only see them online on facebook.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon