Youtube videos won't play

Anubhav Kumar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
when I click on any video to play on youtube website, a message pops up "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?". An dthen it looks into the store and returns no results.

Is this problem with me only or others also?
How to stream videos from youtube?

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
when I click on any video to play on youtube website, a message pops up "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?". An dthen it looks into the store and returns no results.

Is this problem with me only or others also?
How to stream videos from youtube?

If you are using the youtube program provided by MS, which just opens up IE & goes to m.youtube.com, make sure your IE settings are set to display mobile version not desktop. My guess is that set to display the desktop version m.youtube.com tries to load the flash video version of the video, and the software it wants you to load is adobe flash which doesn't exist on WP.

Dibakar Saha1

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same problem.. I have tried switching desktop/mobile version website, but with no results..
I think, the problem is occuring, after the latest phone update...

Anubhav Kumar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If you are using the youtube program provided by MS, which just opens up IE & goes to m.youtube.com, make sure your IE settings are set to display mobile version not desktop. My guess is that set to display the desktop version m.youtube.com tries to load the flash video version of the video, and the software it wants you to load is adobe flash which doesn't exist on WP.

No, I am using ie in "mobile version" mode, and the same error continues.

aigh

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for me. I'm based in Denmark and know other Danes to have the exact same problem. It does seem like a restricted issue, since there's not much buzz about it, but it's pretty f**king annoying and I hope it will get fixed very soon.

aigh

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
To clarify the issue... Youtube videos play just fine when connected to wi-fi, both through IE, metrotube or any other youtube app. No problems at all. When connected to data (3g/4g) all you get is a message that tells that this video can't be played on this phone. In my case it's a Lumia 920, so there's really no logical explanation to this issue. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon