WP8 WiFi Bug, Known or not?

VanillaFrog

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
So I have just discovered a bug that is causing me to use a lot more data than I do normally. It put me to 50% of my data cap, which isn't terrible but I usually hit around 2%. The rest of my usage comes from WiFi.

With "Keep WiFi Alive" and the "Battery Saver" features enabled WiFi gets disabled when battery saver becomes active. This would be okay if it didn't prevent WiFi from reconnecting when the phone is in use (screen turned on). Turning WiFi on manually results in a connection for a split second before it shuts off again. Restarting the phone allows me to connect to WiFi again.

I am currently running 1249 firmware with Telstra.

Has anyone else noted this problem? Is it a known bug? Maybe it is already fixed in newer firmware releases.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried to reproduce on my 1308, WiFi stays connected as expected. Cant reproduce the same scenario. Either its fixed or it might be related to strength of WiFi

VanillaFrog

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Its not signal strength related. I am sure of it. I have not noticed it until now and the fact that my data usage was over 500mb.

I will see if I can reproduce tomorrow when the battery is low again.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Its not signal strength related. I am sure of it. I have not noticed it until now and the fact that my data usage was over 500mb.

I will see if I can reproduce tomorrow when the battery is low again.

Or manually kick in battery saver by turning it on "always" - there is an option. That's what I've done to kick in battery saver.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
On EE UK 1308 on my Lumia 920 and I've never had this problem. Then again, I have not had the problems other users have experienced.

VanillaFrog

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
So I have just got it to happen again... This time Battery Saver was activated while I was using the phone. WiFi was deactivated and would not activate again. Once I let the screen time out and turn off, wait a minute and turn it back on, WiFi Re-activated without a problem.

Here is a video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon