Now THIS is what more carriers need to do to promote WP

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Double WoW!!!
Please Microsoft, could you open 100 stores like this in the UK.
You would pass Iphone in a year.

Not even microsoft stores, they're Telstra stores!
Telstra is Australias largest carrier who also sell iphones and androids although neither of them get THIS much exposure.

This is a picture of the exterior of the perth store (middle of the CBD in a very high pedestrian traffic mall): v4SDKO6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v4SDKO6.jpg
You can see the windows phone "experience" area right at the front on the left (blue cubes with the screen/wall thing in front of them). Dayyyum.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Can you imagine what this video would look shot by Verizon? You would get a glimpse of the 928 in the first and last frame and the rest would be how great IOS and Android is. Truly sad that MS and other US carriers doesn't have something like this showing at all carriers that have the Windows Phone product line.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
i'm stunned at how well this store is promoting the platform... giant kudos to telstra

Funnily enough I think windows phone is doing very poorly in Australia.
Think it makes up about 3-4% market share here. Which i think is less than the US?
App support is also pretty poor unfortunately. Even some banks WEBAPPS dont work on WP.
Tonne of work to do.

Dunno if promoting the phone really hard and then having people dissapointed by the lack of apps is a good idea.
Heck, even Telstra-made apps like the AFL app doesnt exist for WP and they said it'll only come next year. Ugh.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Funnily enough I think windows phone is doing very poorly in Australia.
Think it makes up about 3-4% market share here. Which i think is less than the US?
App support is also pretty poor unfortunately. Even some banks WEBAPPS dont work on WP.
Tonne of work to do.

Dunno if promoting the phone really hard and then having people dissapointed by the lack of apps is a good idea.
Heck, even Telstra-made apps like the AFL app doesnt exist for WP and they said it'll only come next year. Ugh.

But at least it's being promoted which is more than I can say for UK and US carriers!!!

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Heck, the latest add from ATT shows three phones it is highlighting including blackberry and flavors of android but no WP. What in the world is going on with MS and ATT?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss