Next Lumia 920xx type

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The next Lumia 920xx type should be as the 920 of today it should pack alot of specs same as 920 but only higher grade hardware and maybe a new unique feature ( not gonna happen but one can never stop dreaming )

The higher grade hardware should be snapdragon 800 series :p ( if possible ) or the snapdragon 400 mid-end series should be enough ( rocking a quad core 1.2 and the adreno 305 gpu )

The design should also be cool and maybe even a 12 > mp would be cool though with pureview ofc and maybe some of 808s goodness ;D

Things i would like too see

*wifi direct
*64 gb storage (Microsoft -_-)
*Radio support
*Front Camera wide angle
*Face detection software
*Bluetooth 4.0 >

Now i know we do have radio but the future device should also have it and Bluetooth 4.0 was said to be found in Lumia 920 but wp os stuck on 3 not sure if true :/ we will have too see when Bluetooth 4.0 comes to wp :D

Most of the the specs / features are found in the snapdragon motherboards (thts wat i call em)
All tht Nokia has to do is to find,out which one supports all those features / specs

It would really be a cool high end Nokia Lumia :p

Im upgrading next year October we should at least get support for the new 400 series

As for the gpu ill post its performance power if we really cant support the cool 600 and 800 series :'( and also the CPUs power will also be posted :)

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
By the way i dont care about thickness and weight my Lumia 920 is awesome ;P so the next type 920 will not change my mind of getting it

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
there is no reason why wp cant support 600 or 800 series :p

At some unspecified time in the future it may happen or it may not. Nobody knows if or when Windows Phone devices will have hardware specs in line with or in excess of the flagship Android phones. And that is the problem, so if you want to enjoy the latest games and applications using the latest up to date hardware then Android is the way to go at this moment in time.

As far as I know Nokia seem to be investing heavily in trying to outdo the competition with the cameras on their Lumia flagships and investing little else in other areas that would attract smart phone buyers such as, high end CPU's, GPU's and extra RAM. It seems that they are content to release phones with average specs in those areas.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Uhm... The latest games and apps don't need the latest SoC. Most of "the latest" games and apps are released for Iphone first... And that's not very high-end today. It all gets down to the software anyways...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Uhm... The latest games and apps don't need the latest SoC. Most of "the latest" games and apps are released for Iphone first... And that's not very high-end today. It all gets down to the software anyways...

Agreed. But the OP is specifically after high-end specs regardless of the need for that type of hardware. I've got a quad core Android and it is shocking to see it lag when running some apps especially compared to my 920 when running the same or similar apps which doesn't lag at all. The point being that WP and apps running on WP work very well on average spec hardware so there is no real incentive or need for OEM's to push the boat out with top of the range specs. However, the buying public don't see it that way and assume that having an octo-core CPU with 2 GB RAM is what's needed in this day and age but nothing could be further from the truth.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. But the OP is specifically after high-end specs regardless of the need for that type of hardware. I've got a quad core Android and it is shocking to see it lag when running some apps especially compared to my 920 when running the same or similar apps which doesn't lag at all. The point being that WP and apps running on WP work very well on average spec hardware so there is no real incentive or need for OEM's to push the boat out with top of the range specs. However, the buying public don't see it that way and assume that having an octo-core CPU with 2 GB RAM is what's needed in this day and age but nothing could be further from the truth.

lol all i want is a high end phone when i upgrade from my 920 next year is tht so wrong ?? Why must i stay on a fkn duel core what would be the point of upgrading huh !!!!! ? -_-

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
one can make a similar argument by saying what's the point in upgrading for a faster SoC only in a situation when it's not really needed.
I think at this point OS and ecosystem improvements are way more important than hardware improvements.
lol all i want is a high end phone when i upgrade from my 920 next year is tht so wrong ?? Why must i stay on a fkn duel core what would be the point of upgrading huh !!!!! ? -_-

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Which is why I recommended that you get yourself an Android. At least that way you're guaranteed to get the hardware you so desperately want. It also raises the question as to why you got the 920 in the first place when there were plenty of quad core phones about at the time with decent GPU's and what-not. Honestly, I've got nothing against you wanting all this stuff but just don't expect it to happen any time soon with a Nokia Lumia device, that's all.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Which is why I recommended that you get yourself an Android. At least that way you're guaranteed to get the hardware you so desperately want. It also raises the question as to why you got the 920 in the first place when there were plenty of quad core phones about at the time with decent GPU's and what-not. Honestly, I've got nothing against you wanting all this stuff but just don't expect it to happen any time soon with a Nokia Lumia device, that's all.

cause is what a duel core never had it before by the way im a Nokia ******. I just want a quad core ready phone next year October which then i can upgrade

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Your need for a quad-core is so irrational it hurts.

Snapdragon 400 is a quad-core, but the cores are Cortex A7's instead of Krait and the GPU in that SOC is Adreno 305, which is slower than the Adreno 225 used in Lumia 920. I think the performance would be worse with Snapdragon 400.

I would say the best spec upgrade for WP8 would be S4 Pro, a powerful Krait dual core with an Adreno 320. Most likely readily available to boot.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Your need for a quad-core is so irrational it hurts.

Snapdragon 400 is a quad-core, but the cores are Cortex A7's instead of Krait and the GPU in that SOC is Adreno 305, which is slower than the Adreno 225 used in Lumia 920. I think the performance would be worse with Snapdragon 400.

I would say the best spec upgrade for WP8 would be S4 Pro, a powerful Krait dual core with an Adreno 320. Most likely readily available to boot.

Well a new game came out which is basically made for tegra 4 if u dont have it yull get sluggish graphics this kinda shows tht gaming getting one sided on mobile

As for the 400 series yea its s****e i only wish we could have maybe supported the 600 series though :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes