UPDATED: Nokia EOS , Thickness/weight/hump/looks VS SAMSUNG.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As most of you might have read the article before (those who cared for the title that is) but today i have a treat a real life comparison between S4 Zoom camera phone VS the 808 ... not EOS but good old 808 or Pureview 1 .. .
bask in Pureview goodness :)

When the Nokia EOS photos leaked the first thing I read about was how it has the big hump, the strange looks , the weight and the thickness.

I read things like I wouldn't want to hold a phone that heavy or have that bulk in my skinny jeans.
To those techoles ( a term coined by me)

I'd say check out EOS's competition

Introducing Galaxy zoom S4 something (Anyone else noticing how Samsung is milking the hell out of the letter S and the 4 .?
samsung_galaxy_s4_zoom_mock_up_unofficial_520x300x24_fill.jpg

Yes this is it folks, if you want a camera oriented smartphone that's easy to carry instead of bringing your DSLR with you... you'll find your match in the Galaxy Zoom S4 something

It has a huge bezel and TWO HUMPS and a great button at the bottom which for the life of me I have no idea how one would press without dropping this thing or at least feeling the weight of the top.

and its appropriately named zoom as in lossless zooming? , now where did I ever hear about this oh right Pureview phase 1 , I can bet they implemented a half assed OIS too , but not to worry EOS is set to combine Pureview Ph1 with Pureview Ph2 where 808 sleeps with the Lumia920 and they still make a slimmer baby than Samsung's last disaster..
this camera unlike the previous one actually makes call ,Techoles imagine how dumb one would look talking to his camera. that's right i'd take the yellow EOS over that freak of nature any day.

(Note: there are no real OIS phones other than the #lumia92X family as the HTC one does apply OIS at vertical and horizontal wobbles only while the Lumia92X can do this in all directions.)

So for the techoles please not a damn word about EOSs physical looks. If you don't want a CAMERA smartphone just don't go for EOS and leave us be. if you want a better OS than WP just go the Galaxy zoom s4 I'm sure it'll be waiting a buyer ... (Desperately)

nokia-eos-2.jpg
Nokia-EOS-Camera-Leak.jpg

Thanks for reading and may you afford a Nokia EOS ... :)

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia EOS , Thickness/weight/hump/looks concerns... are ...

I agree.
Though, being a Samsung product, it'll probably sell more than the EOS, thanks to the fact that they pander to the masses. Read: People who don't visit tech sites.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I was doing it ironically.
Samsung is still a WP OEM ... no matter how ****ty of a job its doing.
Nokia have always been compared with Samsung where the latter always had some physical barrier to break in their minds like the slimmest phone , the biggest camera sensor to hide the fact that they were completely lost in mobile and didn't know what they were doing. (this was in the mid 2000s)

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I agree.
Though, being a Samsung product, it'll probably sell more than the EOS, thanks to the fact that they pander to the masses. Read: People who don't visit tech sites.
I don't think it will though , even the GS4 isn't doing as well as they thought. (I think partly because they launched 4 flagships devices almost at once. and people are just confused?)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it will though , even the GS4 isn't doing as well as they thought. (I think partly because they launched 4 flagships devices almost at once. and people are just confused?)
Actually, if the EOS ends up being an 808-level product (a showpiece rather than a product), that's very likely.
Of course, the EOS is a more promising product.

Let's just hope I get enough money to buy it.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Well with the Image sourcery i'm doing with my Lumia920's OIS + software lenses.
I just imagine adding Pureview to that amazing mix .

the proshot app will just lose it ... :D

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well with the Image sourcery i'm doing with my Lumia920's OIS + software lenses.
I just imagine adding Pureview to that amazing mix .

the proshot app will just lose it ... :D
I'm just hoping the photos just come out as accurately as possible.
I don't want any of that unnatural stuff Samsung does, I want a true-to-life photo.

Also, if the camera app is a direct port of its Symbian counterpart, I'd be preparing for a reunion.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

I read things like I wouldn't want to hold a phone that heavy or have that bulk in my skinny jeans.

This is meant to be so that they'll introduce the E0S (a minor difference in naming - 920 and 925) which will have the same specifications as the original EOS but a slightly better camera, different screen type, slimmer and lighter body and a different body design with that aluminum ring wrapping the device to act as an antenna. They won't introduce a new camera app because apparently it will be already in the bundle of the original EOS. ^_^

(Just For Fun)

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

In response to the comment about Proshot, I believe, unless it turns out to be a phenomenal interface, I will still be using the application for my macro and mid-range shots.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm just hoping the photos just come out as accurately as possible.
I don't want any of that unnatural stuff Samsung does, I want a true-to-life photo.

Also, if the camera app is a direct port of its Symbian counterpart, I'd be preparing for a reunion.

well if you seen the 808 pureview camera results. the EOS is only gonna be better than it. with it's OIS and 41 megapixel.....droolll

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

In response to the comment about Proshot, I believe, unless it turns out to be a phenomenal interface, I will still be using the application for my macro and mid-range shots.
I was actually waiting to use Proshot with a Pureview quality camera ... :) I'll always use Proshot as long as 4 secs shutter and Manual Focus is not natively available.

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

At what point would it make more sense to just make a pro-level snap on camera shell that supersedes the built in camera? That S4 Zoom looks like it would be a bulky as hell phone to carry around.

Having a proper interface would be a problem, but an SD card slot and somehow going through the USB could be the remedy.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

At what point would it make more sense to just make a pro-level snap on camera shell that supersedes the built in camera? That S4 Zoom looks like it would be a bulky as hell phone to carry around.

Having a proper interface would be a problem, but an SD card slot and somehow going through the USB could be the remedy.

I've heard that a lot this past week , Nokia's idea for making the 808 is wanting lossless zoom without the bulk in size , thus high MP count instead of BIG unattractive lenses.
I think the add on shell you want will hold back technology , how? Android's bad coding and performance issues caused an industry to evolve so rapidly it nearly caught up with x86 structures (yes i'm talking about ARM processors speed and performance)
So if cameras relied on add ons no one will try and break barriers (Like Nokia did with 808 and with lumia920 ) and they will rely on old technologies for a longer time.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm very excited about this phone, would really like to get it once its out but I wonder how much storage will be included and if there would be an SD card included.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping the Nokia EOS isn't so ugly BUT the samsung looks horrid.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Now that I've pulled off some free time, here's my opinion in the design.
I'd like something closer to the N8 or the 808 in terms of the hump.
Pack an extremely loud speaker in it. Make it rectangular. Make it comfortable to use as a thumb rest.
Otherwise, I'm okay with it. Now, if they could only put a lanyard slot, my body is ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon