Clutter in my photos

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
How do I stop the clutter in my WP8 Nokia 521 Photos? All of my FB albums are now on my phone. Also this What's New section has all recently posted photo's that my FB friends and Likes have posted. Can I get rid of this mess? Doesn't it take up valuable space? I want to put my own photo's in there only. I have lots of stuff that I have not posted to facebook and I don't want to mix them.

madbiologist

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The albums aren't stored locally on your phone, they just pull from the web so you can view them. That's why if you open an album from Facebook it will take a few seconds for all the images to show up, whereas if you open up the camera roll it will show all the images immediately. If you turn off your cellular data and WiFi you won't be able to see these pictures either.

I think the only way to remove then is to unlink your Facebook account. Also, the what's new section is essentially a subset of what is shown in the people app that only pulls the newly uploaded photos from Facebook. Again, the pictures aren't stored locally, so you don't have to worry about them eating up space on your phone.

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm. Glad that it doesn't take space, but it is still clutter and apparently uses data for this. If one is on limited data plan( and not using WIFI) that sucks!!! I don't want to unlink my FB account because I do like to share the occasional picture. I wish that there were 2 different versions of WP. one that has all the social stuff tied in, and a professional version that doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon