How do I get all my backed up stuff back?

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 810 in the mail!
On the windowsphone website it says once I sign in with my live account that was attached to my old phone , it'll ask me to get all back all my backed up info..but that never happened :/
Keep in mind my old windows phone was stolen and I also 'removed' it from my account in the windowsphone website...does that affect anything?
Thanks in advance!

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
When you first switch on your device, you need to log into the same Microsoft account as before.

If you skip the log in at the very beginning you cannot restore and will have to reset the device again.

Bear in mind, if you skipped logging in upon setup, and then logged into your microsoft account later, your backup is gone as your backup will now be your new, blank device.

I fell foul of this.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
When you first switch on your device, you need to log into the same Microsoft account as before.

If you skip the log in at the very beginning you cannot restore and will have to reset the device again.

Bear in mind, if you skipped logging in upon setup, and then logged into your microsoft account later, your backup is gone as your backup will now be your new, blank device.

I fell foul of this.

Oh no! I think i might have fallen onto this trap too D: I'm not sure though

Does this affect my skydrive though? thats where i have all my pictures and videos (its also on my desktop)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can reset your device again and have the opportunity to restore the backup. It saves different backups from different devices and even if your new device created a backup, your old device backup should still be there. Just reset your device again. I've done it many times.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
You can reset your device again and have the opportunity to restore the backup. It saves different backups from different devices and even if your new device created a backup, your old device backup should still be there. Just reset your device again. I've done it many times.
hmm..okay Imma try doing that when I get home (I'm at work and with no access to a computer) and by reset I'm guessing its a hard reset right?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I fell foul of this.

Actually, doing that will create a new backup

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Actually, doing that will create a new backup

Yes, correct. Just to clarify, if you have had three different Windows phones, and you reset one, you should see three different backups when you first login. It seems to save them for at least several months; not sure how long really. I just reset a phone the other day and this is the way it worked. And the new phone doesn't upload a backup immediately. It could take a day to or so.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Followed Gapost reply and it worked!!! even my lockscreen picture was saved! :D only thing that wasnt saved was my 'favorite' pictures but its not too big of a deal
thank guys!
now I know not to set up my phone, cut the sim card and get ready all 30 min before going to work :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon