Problems with Internet explorer

Cliff Jackby

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, it wasnt easy to get the title correct, cuz i dont know the problem per say.

Im trying to open the Menu link in the picture below. To open that link it requres me to keep it pressed for a

1-2 sec. But when i do that, the IE "share link", "open in new tab" ect opens up.

Is there anyway to fix this other then going to another browser, i really like IE.

wp_ss_20130709_0002.jpg wp_ss_20130709_0001.png

I really hope there is a way around this. No point going for desktop version cuz there's no difference in the layout between

desktop and mobilversion.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problems with Internet explorer html5 links menu....

I assume that's the mobile version of the site. You could try desktop mode.

Cliff Jackby

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Actually, one picture is desktop version and the other one is mobilversion.

As I said, there is no difference between the two versions.

No one seen this problem before?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Cliff Jackby

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

And its not just that site. I'm having the same problem with www.noxxic.com

Am I the only one having these issues?

edit: and ni, it does not help switching to mobilversion or desktop version. Its the same, just as before.

Cliff Jackby

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried to explain it in the first post, but its kind of hard.

When I'm at airbrushtutor or nooxic I can't use that site web menu. It doesn't make any difference if I change to desktop version or not.

The menu want to be prest for 1 second to be accessed but doing that opens up IE "share link" or "open in another tab" option.
I can't use those websites on my phone and that is sad. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried to explain it in the first post, but its kind of hard.

When I'm at airbrushtutor or nooxic I can't use that site web menu. It doesn't make any difference if I change to desktop version or not.

The menu want to be prest for 1 second to be accessed but doing that opens up IE "share link" or "open in another tab" option.
I can't use those websites on my phone and that is sad. :/

My guess would be that coding at the site is messed and has nothing to do with IE. I've run into issues with sites on other devices so it's not uncommon. Even though the site appears to be a 'mobile' site they could have easily messed up. I'd contact the site administrator personally. I checked with my phone I can use Welcome to Airbrush Tutor either. Not sure about Noxxic - Stay Epic as I was able to go to the forums and about.

Another thing I'd do is check to see if it's just WP doing this or if someone with and Android phone or iPhone has the same issue. Sometimes developers have a tendency to forget there are multiple devices accessing their sites and don't set them up right.

I find it funny how people jump on the browser first and think that webdevs are somehow incapable of screwing up their code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes