Google Hangouts for WP8???

jyabor91

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm just switching over from my gs4 over to the lumia 925. I'm loving this phone and WP8 much more than android. Just a MUCH smoother and better overall os than android is. EVEN with a phone that has last years specs, it is less buggy than JB 4.2.2 on my old gs4. I also realize Google HATES microsoft for some reason as there are almost no apps from google directly made for WP8. And im fine with that, becasue awesome developers have made decent to great replacement apps for those who use google services. The only two google apps that i cannot find replacements for are keep and google hangouts. Most likely because they are fairly new releases from google. For me, hangouts was important on my android device, and i was hoping somebody knows of a google hangouts replacement app for WP8? or if one can be made/is being made. Thanks again!!!:smile:

jyabor91

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely pay good money for a good google hangouts app with active emojis, video chats, ect. If ANY dev can do this I would gladly donate some cash :)

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Look for an app on the store called webapps it has mobile keep and you can pin it to start screen. It works well enough when I don't have an android with me. #lumia928

You can try IM+ for Google talk/hangouts it is limited , no video or images, but works

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if you want hangouts for gchat, then you can use im+ or jitalk as someone stated above. But for video chat, you need to use skype. I don't think there are any other options

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Dredging up an old post but really, is there anything for google hangouts that actually works? Neither Ji or IM+ handles multiple conversations for me...

In fact, has anyone got group chat to work in some way with any of these apps?

Thanks!

fbloise

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
looking for this, a friend is asking me if IM+ or jiTalk supports group convos. If it does, then he will jump to WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon