Bing lockscreen image isnt the same as the search image!!!

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Alright first of all my Bing image lock screen rarely ever updates itself and I usually have to do it manually, but I don't mind that much. Today when I woke up I got my phone(NL822) and checked email and went to manually change lock screen, I usually always see where the image was from and what it is on the search button clicking on the squares, so when I went to the search it changed from yesterdays image and brought up an entirely new image that wasn't the same as the image on my lock screen. Right now, I have some stupid crab as lockscreen and on Bing search both desktop and on my phone it shows a nice looking tower from the middle east. Is this only me or are other people experiencing this issue, I tried manually updating 4 times and I did a soft reset.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The two screens can be out of sync, the Bing one can be delayed by quite a margin if there's iffy signal in the middle of the night. Bing also has different images in different regions (Bing UK will have a different splash screen to Bing US for example)

What I've done is set my lockscreen to be Weather HD. Inside the Weather HD app, I can set my lockscreen to be Bing (with the weather overlay). Now, my lockscreen and search screen are always in perfect sync.

Sorry if this doesn't really answer your question, I'm just blathering.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The lockscreen and Bing search page updates at different times, which is kind of dumb if you ask me. My lockscreen usually updates at around midnight. By morning the search page will have a new background. That new background is the latest image and it will show up on the lockscreen only the next day.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Both of them updated but I had to do it manually. lock screen was on same picture as search, but i updated MANUALLY and the search button updated to the building, but the lockscreen updated to a picture of a crab.

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My lock screen and search screen image are very often entirely different. I actually really like the surprise. Sometimes they're the same though.

I also have a retarded looking crab on my lockscreen today.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The "retarded looking crab" is on my bing search and i have some beach view as my lock screen. For the most part i don't mind them not being in sync but is a little annoying when i want to find out more info about the image.

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Bing image in the search engine changes at Noon while that of the Lock Screen changes at Midnight (when you have the connection). It's fixed and works without fail for me.
And Bing pic is chosen differently for different regions of the world. For Canada and US its Burj Khalifa tower today while in major part of rest of the world its the Crab. So, it might be just the locations are differently configured for your phone.
[Noticed this matter today itself while downloading Bing Images from the 'Insider' app where you get to choose all the different regions for which Bing is configured]

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i noticed the difference when i started using WeatherFlow with Bing Wallpaper as the picture source.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My lockscreen and search screen images are out of sync today. I have the crab on my lockscreen and Khalifa tower on the search screen. FWIW, I think the crab is cute...LOL.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Just did a full reset for something else and my lock screen was the crab and my search screen was the tower. Canada here with all regional settings properly setup. Yesterday they were both in sync....weird. I just,changed to Amazing Weather HD with Bing image and now they are in sync....i guess I'll see tomorrow morning....really quite annoying to me.

AndrewJClark

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
If you look on here: Bing Image Archive
You'll see that the lockscreen images we're getting are actually the New Zealand ones (for example at the moment it's the Buenos Aires bridge, and yesterday was North Saskatchewan River)

It's the same with the Bing Desktop app which I also use.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the Store that will automatically change your lockscreen to the daily Bing Wallpaper. I've been using it for three days now, and so far, my lockscreen and search page images have been in sync.
Papercut Free

There's a paid version as well.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is this fixed in GDR2 and Amber or has it improved in GDR3?

Does not seem fixed in Amber or GDR2, hence the reason I still use Amazing weather HD to change my lockscreen which does work well. However I will try Papercut Free since I would prefer to not always see the weather and interfere with the nice image :)

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the Store that will automatically change your lockscreen to the daily Bing Wallpaper. I've been using it for three days now, and so far, my lockscreen and search page images have been in sync.
Papercut Free

There's a paid version as well.

Maybe I am not understanding the app description but it does not say that it changes your wallpaper daily? Are you really sure it does since I have it setup perfectly now with Amazing Weather HD and don't want to screw it up lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon