How to download files from internet

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My wife got a lumia 520 and she wanted to download some files from websites(pdf). So we installed adobe reader.
Now when we go to website, and even if we long press link, there is no option to save file to device.

Anybody got an idea how to save files to device?
She would also install some ebook(mobi etc.,) readers and would download some files from the internet to the device.
Any easy way to do that?

I have no idea on windows phones as I use android where I can long press the link and simply say "save file" the same way we do on Windows 7 PC.
Is there an alternative browser which allows file saving?

I get the point that files are associated with applications in windows 7, but it will be good to know that files are on device when opened from web. I think if I just click tap to open the file does not get stored on phone, it just opens then, and if you want to view file without data connection, its not possible.

Any tips or help please? Some alternative browser we can try which can save file to device for offline viewing?

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
windows phone 8 office has its own built in pdf reader

adobe reader cannot natively view pdf's on the device for some reason

download the Microsoft pdf version first

PDF Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

just click on the pdf link on the website to download or add them though usb

it also helps if your ie browser is in desktop mode... although you will have to zoom

yes they are automatically saved for offline use

mohit sood

May 12, 2013
Visit site
download adobe reader or microsofts pdf reader. go to site open link and select the app u wish to save that file into.. simple

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay so if I click on link and open it in adobe will it automatically get saved in the device?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux