[Urgent] Phone un-usable due to the other storage.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 8x since January and have been fully aware of the storage issue so I've been continually monitoring my storage usage. But today my phone has practically become completely un-usable. My available storage is 0Bytes and other storage is 7.99GB I am unable to use any internet based apps (can open them but not download any content which isn't already cached). Also, my phone lags quite often, I think this is another side effect of having little to no storage. My available storage has been lingering around 50-200MB for months, I was fine with that as my phone was still usable and was and still am waiting patiently for GDR2. However now it seems like my only option is a hard reset. Has anyone got any advice or any info as to when Three UK will be rolling out GDR2?

PS. I have included a image of the WP storage page. (Quality isn't the best as I couldn't take a screenshot having no storage available)

Thanks in advance,
Rem.

Storage.jpg

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried hooking it to a computer and copying the pictures to the computer to buy yourself some space to work with?

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have thought about doing that but I want to reserve memory/stop the other from growing even more until GDR2 is available, so I have enough space to install the update. However I did just free up 15MB by deleting IE cache, not much, but enough to be able to use my phone, well until the other grows again that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes