Unable to install Nokia Pro Camera despite on Amber

hehedeba

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The title says it all.. I updated to Amber today, but strangely I couldn't view procam on the market. I searched for the download link via a WPCENTRAL article, went into the procam market page, but it said those stuffs "software needs to update, or..., or... not available in your country, etc..."... I'm wondering if any folks had encountered the same issue?

hehedeba

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bro. Yea.. smartcam is working for me as well, so are whole bunch of other good stuffs from Nokia. But the one thing i really want is procam..

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The title says it all.. I updated to Amber today, but strangely I couldn't view procam on the market. I searched for the download link via a WPCENTRAL article, went into the procam market page, but it said those stuffs "software needs to update, or..., or... not available in your country, etc..."... I'm wondering if any folks had encountered the same issue?
Try updating all of your Nokia apps first, just to make sure.

bonethehead

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem too. had the pro cam app working - before i had to reset my lumia.... but now, same unavailability message as you guys.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I have a developer 920, which runs the European region variant software. Updated to Amber yesterday, and I still can't download the Pro Camera from the store.

Allanu

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. UK Lumia 920 on O2 updated to Amber yesterday. Firmware version 3047.0000.1326.2007. All the advertised Amber features seem to be there except for Pro Camera. I can't access it in the store on the phone, but going to the store on windowsphone.com says its not available for my phone and i will need a 920 with the amber update on it!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
have you folks tried this via the proxy server? It may work. Somebody in another thread confirmed that it's working via the proxy, but not without it:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-samsung-htc-collections-apps-your-lumia.html. I myself was able to install the pro camera app on my non-amber Lumia 920 (of course it's not working for me until I update to amber).
hope that helps.

Couldn't install Camera Pro app today but it worked before with Amber. The proxy method worked for me though. Just used it like an hr ago.

Allanu

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
have you folks tried this via the proxy server? It may work. Somebody in another thread confirmed that it's working via the proxy, but not without it:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-samsung-htc-collections-apps-your-lumia.html. I myself was able to install the pro camera app on my non-amber Lumia 920 (of course it's not working for me until I update to amber).
hope that helps.

I can confirm that i have now managed to download Pro Camera using the instructions here to change phone region and set up the proxy with one additional trick....
After locating the app in the store and starting the download i got a message saying that attention was required and an error with error code 805a0258 was displayed. This has 2 buttons 'retry' and 'cancel'. The trick here is to not select either button yet but to switch back to the wifi settings and now turn the proxy off. Return to the download error message and now press the 'retry' button. The download should now proceed.

Downloaded app works like a dream :)

hehedeba

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! I've successfully downloaded pro cam with the trick. Managed to resist the temptation to d/l any of those Samsung exclusive apps. I'll stay true to Nokia despite this glitch with pro cam.

Volchonokilli

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I still can't install Pro Cam with proxy... Other applications like Folders by Samsung, Nokia Music I can, but Pro Cam don't want to install, saying 8000ffff error :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss