NOKIA LUMIA "cant connect to chat" ISSUE FIXED (Work Around discovered)

dikhunmekh

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I wont say issue is fixed, but I would rather say a work around.

Try the following steps as it is mentioned below. Make sure the battery saver option is off before you try this.

1) Turn of Facebook Chat.

2) Set Chat status to Offline.

3) Go to Battery Saver option in settings.

4) Turn on Battery saver.

5) Go to Advanced Settings inside Battery Saver.

6) Tap on each of the three options there from bottom to top one after another.

7) Come back and turn off the Battery Saver.

8) Go back to messaging and turn on Facebook Chat.

9) Now set chat status to available. It should get connected.

Try these steps as it is mentioned. If still it fails, you can add a step between step 2 and step 3. This new step is nothing but switching your device off and then on. It should definitely work

@Microsoft, plz fix this bug ASAP. Its a problem with your Windows 8. This issue has nothing to do with NOKIA or Facebook.

@Microsoft, plz fix this bug ASAP. Its a problem with your Windows 8. This issue has nothing to do with NOKIA or Facebook.

Regards,
Dikhunmekh

Last edited:

Albert Caliyo

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
hey, thanks for the advice, unfortunately i followed your steps and the workaround didnt work for me :\ i gues im just gonna have to keep trying. Is this an issue with a LOT of people? Is it a bug? i cant understand how such a key feature in this product is defunkt!
Thank you

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
this USED to be a huge issue about half a year ago. It apparently was a backend issue that was fixed on Microsofts side months ago. Haven't had an issue since, allthough incoming chats are sometimes delayed by about 30 seconds.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have a facebook app installed on your device then facebook chat in messaging wont work. When deleting the app it should start working.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering all these years why people get this issue. I've been on WP platform since 2010 and never had this issue, except the time when facebook changed their APIs.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have a facebook app installed on your device then facebook chat in messaging wont work. When deleting the app it should start working.

That's not true. I have the facebook (beta) app installed on my Lumia 920 and Facebook chat enabled in the messaging settings. I get instant notifications on both when I receive a chat. First on the facebook app and 5-10 seonds later in the WP messaging hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss