Volume Fluctuation on Music Playback

SpenserT

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Following my update to GDR2 (Verizon HTC8X) I'm experiencing a strange issue where during music playback (using headphones) the playback volume will fluctuate in the first few seconds of each new song. For example, at the start of a new song, the first microsecond of playback will sound loud/normal, then the volume will quickly lower, followed by a quick fade back to the loud/normal volume. The loud/normal volume will persist through the duration of the song, but I'll experience the same fluctuation when the next song starts. I've noticed the fluctuation during playback using the default music ap and when using Pandora. It sounds like the phone is trying to fade in each new song that is played in order to mitigate the suddenness of any startling loudness at the beginning of a song, but because playback starts at the normal volume before dropping down and fading back up it just sounds goofy.

Has anyone else noticed this?

SoundsLikeLife

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, same here. Verizon HTC 8X. It drives me crazy. Everyone with this issue should post make, model, and carrier. It seems to be just the 8X though.

I believe it is supposed to fade-in after interruptions like pausing, a phone call, GPS voice, etc which would be fine, but it should definitely NOT be doing it at the start of every song.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon