"waking" my phone up?

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So are there any aftermarket apps or ways to adjust features so that if I get an email/text while my phone is locked and dark that it will "wake up" and show the incoming message?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you don't have a lock code on the screen.
If you receive a text/whatsapp message, you have a colored bar on the top part of the screen (Screen wakes up on its own), tap that and you will be taken to the text thread.
For the emails, I don't know of any.
You can set your lock screen to show the no. of emails, missed calls, texts pending to be read/seen. Go to settings > Lockscreen, scroll down and select the 5 apps you want on the homescreen, you can also select 1 app that will show detailed info :).
I hope it helps.

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I do have a lock code set - mandated by my company, but I have it set for activation after 5 minutes. Recently switched to WP from an Iphone 4S and am missing the instant notification feature that lets you see who is emailing, texting, etc inside the lock screen...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
With email there is no toast message (notification at the top of the screen). There is only the possibility of vibrate/audible notifications for email. With text, though, you'll get a toast notification that disappears after a few seconds, whether locked or not.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep you only get to see the number of notifications/missed events on the lockscreen not the messages itself. I had a look at my friends iPhone 4S and its way better, shows you like a list of messages directly... We do have toasts on WP but it displays the messages(SMS) only one at a time and that too when you've immediately powered the screen on. You'll have to make do with the notifications(on lock screen).

EDIT: setting phone or message as the Main notification(first one for "detailed status" in lockscreen setting) can alleviate the problem to some extent but then again you can view only the most recent/last event. To clear all notifications from lockscreen, you'll have to visit each of them(whatsapp/messages/emails/phone) to clear them from the record. Yeah, notification center(like the one in Android) is something that will be really awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes