Facebook chat solution! Anyone?

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there sure be a great amount of geeks around here who got over this problem, how do you Facebook chat using your windows phone given that the built in chat is crap, facebook app is crap, facebook beta is crap, facebook on ie with no notifications .. did i forget anything?

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Facebook chat through messenger is great, far better than IOS where you have to open app to receive message. They have to open an app to get the msg.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there sure be a great amount of geeks around here who got over this problem, how do you Facebook chat using your windows phone given that the built in chat is crap, facebook app is crap, facebook beta is crap, facebook on ie with no notifications .. did i forget anything?

I haven't had skipping issue. Its flawless so far for me. Often my Facebook friends think I'm on all the time.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had many Facebook chat messages not show up in the chat hub. Not reliable at all. On 3 different lumias. 620 920 and 1020

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Won't use the built in facebook chat until they stop showing you as online 24/7 when really it should just display the normal available through phone icon.

Pece

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

U forgot the famous " Facebook HD "

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Won't use the built in facebook chat until they stop showing you as online 24/7 when really it should just display the normal available through phone icon.
Or until you set it right on your phone?
You can always go invi if you are so not want your contact to know you are online yet you still want to be online...

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My Facebook chat status via Me Tile always shows "cannot connect to IM" every time I switch to Available or any other status other than Offline. Therefore, I can't use it even though I heavily relied on it before GDR2.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My Facebook chat status via Me Tile always shows "cannot connect to IM" every time I switch to Available or any other status other than Offline. Therefore, I can't use it even though I heavily relied on it before GDR2.

i have the same problem and i can't fix it.. The problem is i can get over any limitation the OS have but this problem is really getting under my nails .. At least they should release a separate FB chat app!!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It should be fixed now (it was known problem, fixed by MS and Facebook). I had the same problem at least for a week, but it works well now. I was using ICQ, when integrated fb chat had that problem, but I am using integrated fb chat again ....

If you have still problem, try to restart or even soft reset ... and you might try to log in/out from Skype too (yeah, there is some connection with Skype) ...

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Tried logging out of Skype, still didn't work. Hasn't been working ever since gdr2, and I have reset it at least a few times since then. Dunno why it's not working.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Login to facebook and retract any privileges you gave skype. There has been known problems with skype integration and the facebook chat native to WP.

What privileges? The ones in the settings? Did that, and still nothing.

Edit: I found out that it is directly correlated with my phone's failure to connect to my Hotmail account for anything; my mail's not coming through, I can't sync my Hotmail picture to my phone, I can't connect to IM...

Last edited:

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to chime in... I've always had issues with both Windows Phone and Windows 8 Messaging missing messages when chatting with users on Facebook.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems that there is some problem with a battery saver too ... just try to change your settings of a battery saver (in settings), like "on" and change advanced settings ... and then "off" battery saver again ... and then try to reconnect to fb chat again ... it fixed my problem (after few days fighting), so I can connect fb chat again :) ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes