How's WP8 is better?

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
My wife will kill me though if I change phones again though.

I feel your pain brother. My phone fetish is a running joke in my house hold. I've gone through so many smart phones it's not even funny. She had an iPhone 4. I had a Galaxy Nexus. I found someone to even-trade my Galaxy Nexus for an iPhone 4s. I had it a few months and got the itch. I wanted to try Windows Phone. So I use her upgrade to get me the Lumia 928 (because I didn't want to lose my unlimited data), gave her the iPhone 4s (since it was basically an upgrade for her from the iPhone 4), and sold the iPhone 4. Even though I made money after it was all said and done, she's threatened certain parts of my anatomy if I even think about another phone. While I'm currently happy with the Lumia 928, I'd love to see a Lumia 1020 variant for Verizon...and yes, I've considered the iPhone 5S. And the Note 3 is appealing to me. Yes, I like big phones.

So my strategy is to save some random cash here and there and just get whatever phone. Better to ask for forgiveness, than permission. Right?

*and if my wife is reading this: this was all in jest. nothing to see here. i love you?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone fetish is a running joke in my house hold.

The best trades are the ones where you end up making money in the end. Last August I came to AT&T after stints with Verizon, Cricket and then Sprint. I don't think Verizon will ever let me activate a phone with them again after all the trouble I caused them in the rentention department. Cricket is, well Cricket. Sprint was something I wanted to work. The price was fair and the service/coverage was moderately good. The issue came with my wife's phones - they would never work. She was generally the catalyst in changing carriers, so after I swapped us to AT&T I made it clear we have to stick it out a while.

Since August 2012 I have had a Lumia 900, HTC One X, Lumia 900 [different], Lumia 920, Motorola Atrix HD, Lumia 920 [different], Motorola Atrix HD, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, Motorola Atrix HD [same], Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Lumia 1020, HTC One.

That's just with AT&T over the last year or so, and does not include what I had on Sprint (multiple), Cricket (one) and Verizon (another plethora). This also excludes my stint in the industry where I would swap out phones every quarter because I could just pay employee pricing and get a new phone. Back then Nokia feature phones on Cingular were pretty nice and reliable. If I only knew then what I know now....

I have used every operating system other than BB10 and iOS. I was willing to trade my Lumia 1020 for a BlackBerry Q10 but I had no takers. I ended up selling the phone for cash, so bye bye Windows Phone.

It's a great mobile operating system and Nokia makes nice phones, but I made a choice and went with what was the most functional out of a Lumia 1020 and an HTC One.

[end of subject, don't derail this thread on my account]

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Since August 2012 I have had a Lumia 900, HTC One X, Lumia 900 [different], Lumia 920, Motorola Atrix HD, Lumia 920 [different], Motorola Atrix HD, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, Motorola Atrix HD [same], Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Lumia 1020, HTC One.

That's just with AT&T over the last year or so, and does not include what I had on Sprint (multiple), Cricket (one) and Verizon (another plethora). This also excludes my stint in the industry where I would swap out phones every quarter because I could just pay employee pricing and get a new phone.

Wow, I thought I jumped a lot. I don't hold a candle to you! One difference though; I have a couple iPhones thrown in the mix. I have a Lumia 520 I'll probably keep around to play with and to see how WP is coming along. In fact, very shortly I'm planning to attempt a wireless charging mod. I have some old Palm parts to use.

I'm curious to see what 8.1 will bring to the table. To get its full benefit though I might need something more than a 520. 920's are pretty cheap now; I might try to pick up a used one off Craigslist or something. I could see myself giving WP another shot sometime in the future. Maybe 8.1 is the future!

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I was Android all the way for the longest time. Then I recently got an iPhone 4s. I ditched it before iOS 7 came out for my Lumia 928. The L928 is growing on me. Some of the apps have just such a great UI.

For example, I love the allrecipes.com app. I do the cooking in my family and this was one of the first apps I downloaded. The side scrolling that WP implements is genius to me. There's not a lot of menu buttons to press. Just side scroll to another screen where in Android you'd most likely tap a button. A few others are eBay, PayPal, and Amazon. The UI just looks really great. And I LOVE the Dictionary.com app. With my Android phones, I spent more time tweaking the home screen, because I could, and less time actually using the phone. Android is useful, don't get me wrong, but because it's so customizeable, I'd spend hours downloading ROM's and home launchers and icons just to tweak the look so I could show my friends. I don't do that with WP, partially because I can't, and I don't mind because I actually use less data now and I use my phone more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720