My music playlists keep disappearing

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Here is the situation: I use a Lumia 820 Amber (UK device) with a 32 GB SD-card. In the first place I used the "Windows Phone Desktop Application" (don't know the correct english name) to transfer most of my music to the device (around 26 GB). Afterwards I added some playlists via the Windows Media Player (synchronized the SD-card). The corresponding tracks are already on the SD card, so WMP just adds the playlist files. Right after that the playlists show up in Nokia Music (which I prefer) or Xbox Music, but then at some point they're just gone. I have absolutely no idea why this happens all the time.

Has anyone experienced such a behaviour?

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea.
What's a fact is that they do work right after the synchronizing with WMP (show up in Nokia and Xbox Music) and for some reason they disappear.

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, exactly. I synched four playlists and they were all there working fine. A certain period of time later (several hours up to 1 or 2 days) the playlist tab was empty again. During this period I did not connect the Phone to a PC, meaning no failed synch could have deleted them.

lyndonjohn

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
same here. all my playlist disappeared, but when I connect my phone to my pc and view it on windows media player, the playlists are there, but I cant find them when viewed on my phone.

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, exactly. I synched four playlists and they were all there working fine. A certain period of time later (several hours up to 1 or 2 days) the playlist tab was empty again. During this period I did not connect the Phone to a PC, meaning no failed synch could have deleted them.

Have you power cycled the phone? All of my metadata (except for songs) disappears if I turn my phone off. Resync keeps everything straight until another power cycle. Using Lumia 822 and WMP on Windows 7.

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you power cycled the phone? All of my metadata (except for songs) disappears if I turn my phone off. Resync keeps everything straight until another power cycle. Using Lumia 822 and WMP on Windows 7.
No, just tested it. I freshly synced my playlists with WMP on Win7 Pro (and made a new one with the Music+Videos App on the Phone) and rebooted the device twice. The playlists are still there.

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
No, just tested it. I freshly synced my playlists with WMP on Win7 Pro (and made a new one with the Music+Videos App on the Phone) and rebooted the device twice. The playlists are still there.

That's good then right?😊 Hopefully they stay working for you. In my disappearing experiences the playlist doesn't vanish immediately but very soon after the reboot (within the hour). I am now going on about 3 weeks without a power cycle and everything has been very stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas