HERE Maps data consumption

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey there.
I just looked at data sense and saw that here maps needs quite alot data. Its 40mb in 2 weeks, just used it twice, and not very long. Maps are downloaded to the phone...
Could you guys check on your phones how much it is, and tell us how much you use maps?
Thanks

Lumia 620 / Tapatalk

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just looked at data sense and saw that here maps needs quite alot data. Its 40mb in 2 weeks, just used it twice, and not very long. Maps are downloaded to the phone...
Could you guys check on your phones how much it is, and tell us how much you use maps?

"I'm so special...I have data sense..."

/AT&T-Rage
I'll just be in the corner if anyone needs me...

You just get your phone two weeks ago or you just get data sense two weeks ago?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Both can be used off line. But offline map data is not as comprehensive as online data. So, if you perform a search, it will search online map data instead of off line map data if connection is available. Also, traffic information needs to be online. Then, there is My Commute feature Here Drive that will take a lot of data as well.

I'd bet if you don't use traffic and don't perform search, your Here map data usage may be lower.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you use satellite image maps? Those are not stored in the phone... With Drive, you can put it in offline mode in the settings, which will help if you're using Drive, as well.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No satellite, no drive. Just maps.
Well I hope they can fix that. I like maps and the offline feature, but where's the point if it still uses quite alot bandwith....

Lumia 620 / Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2