Location setting

Miha_a

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
p.s. please don't reply that I can set this in the apps' setting, because I have just checked all my installed apps and none of the apps has a setting where I can turn of location tracking

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
p.s. please don't reply that I can set this in the apps setting, because I have just checked and none of the apps has a setting where I can turn of location tracking

It's a global setting but there are some apps where you can shut it off for that specific app. For example in the Nokia HERE suite you can turn it off in settings. I would say it's probably rare though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
p.s. please don't reply that I can set this in the apps' setting, because I have just checked all my installed apps and none of the apps has a setting where I can turn of location tracking

Well, I thank you for educating me. While I have not created a location-aware app, I had read through the certification requirements (though a long time ago). I would have sworn it was a requirement to have a way to disable location services in an app, but I was wrong. When I looked it up as a result of your post, I thought they must have changed it, but even looking back at the original WP7 requirements, it is not a requirement, but a recommendation. In the current requirements, I don't even see it as a recommendation. Color me surprised.

Additional requirements for specific app types for Windows Phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes