12-04-2013 05:18 AM
32 12
tools
    File manager, flick down to close, apps to SD features rumored to be arriving soon | WinBeta

all 3 features are reportedly marked as complete on uservoice, I knew of file manager but other 2 are news to me.

I know MS has also mentioned that it was mistakenly marked as complete but seems it is working on these.
    vish2801 likes this.
    12-03-2013 04:34 AM
    File manager, flick down to close, apps to SD features rumored to be arriving soon | WinBeta

all 3 features are reportedly marked as complete on uservoice, I knew of file manager but other 2 are news to me.
    Hate to tell u this but they were marked as completed by mistake, the admin has removed that mark today.
    Cheeky Ghosty likes this.
    12-03-2013 04:37 AM
    Hate to tell u this but they were marked as completed by mistake, the admin has removed that mark today.
    Yes I know they have reverted that but seems they are working on these features and thts good if true.
    12-03-2013 04:41 AM
    Yes I know they have reverted that but seems they are working on these features and thts good if true.
    I have this feeling that it is a game by Ms to see how excited the users are, but as a programmer I think they will need more time to implement such APIs in the system.
    12-03-2013 05:40 AM
    I have this feeling that it is a game by Ms to see how excited the users are, but as a programmer I think they will need more time to implement such APIs in the system.
    they ******* had a whole year... How much more time do they need.
    techiez and vish2801 like this.
    12-03-2013 05:51 AM
    Another thread??

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    12-03-2013 05:55 AM
    Yep,i too think the same way. Its like those screenshots @joebelfiore posts on twitter from his phone which runs WP8.1.Just kind of revealing that certain things are coming, to keep the interest going.
    Last edited by Binoya Mathews; 12-04-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    Cheeky Ghosty likes this.
    12-03-2013 05:57 AM
    We don't know the reason for why those items were marked as "complete". We can, however, be certain that it was unintentional.

It's best that we simply forget this episode ever happened and return to other sources of rampant speculation and rumour mongering.
    badcat likes this.
    12-03-2013 06:01 AM
    Yep,i too think the same way. Its like those screenshots @joebelfiore posts on twitter from his phone which runs WP8.1.Just kind of revealing that certain thing are coming, to keep the interest going.
    its their last chance anyways.
    Binoya Mathews likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:07 AM
    The only interesting thing to come out of this is that there's a confirmation time for WP8.1 - Q2. Oh well, so much for being a 'year' between updates. I sure hope WP8.1 is killer.
    12-03-2013 09:07 AM
    I think that users' idea of a 'File Manager', will be profoundly different to Microsofts.....

Don't get too excited. I suspect it will be a very basic system of moving videos, pics and music to different folders only. You can already do this via a desktop PC anyway.....
    N_LaRUE and Cheeky Ghosty like this.
    12-03-2013 09:49 AM
    As far as i know Windows phone 8.1 was in making befor they released 8. Both were made by different teams. So they have got more than 2 Year to get It done and now if the excuse... Lazy people.

Gates once said they hire all lazy people because they are the ones to find the short cut way to do a thing fast.

Duck this ideology

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-03-2013 09:55 AM
    As far as i know Windows phone 8.1 was in making befor they released 8. Both were made by different teams. So they have got more than 2 Year to get It done and now if the excuse... Lazy people.

Gates once said they hire all lazy people because they are the ones to find the short cut way to do a thing fast.

Duck this ideology
    I think you got that wrong. There were two teams, one working on WP8 updates and one working on WP8.1. The team that built WP8 went on to WP8.1. You can't do WP8 and WP8.1 at the same time, that makes no sense.
    12-03-2013 10:06 AM
    Soon™
    12-03-2013 10:19 AM
    We don't know the reason for why those items were marked as "complete". We can, however, be certain that it was unintentional.

It's best that we simply forget this episode ever happened and return to other sources of rampant speculation and rumour mongering.
    you simply cannot mark more than 10 ideas as completed by mistake. That is what I think
    12-03-2013 11:32 AM
    why would you be excited about “flick to close” ? You DO know how the os works, right?
    12-03-2013 11:40 AM
    you simply cannot mark more than 10 ideas as completed by mistake. That is what I think
    We may never know what really happened. Considering this happened on a Sunday evening of Thanksgiving weekend, it's possible that "Mobile Guru" has a persisted logon for the UserVoice web page and left his computer unattended. A nefarious family guest may have marked the items as "completed" in a misguided attempt at tomfoolery.

The account may also have been hacked, but MS/UserVoice might well not publicise that in favour of saying they were marked "in error".

If Guru intentionally set them to "completed", Sunday night is not the time to be doing it - Microsoft tend to publish things during working hours, Redmond time.
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:45 AM
    We may never know what really happened. Considering this happened on a Sunday evening of Thanksgiving weekend, it's possible that "Mobile Guru" has a persisted logon for the UserVoice web page and left his computer unattended. A nefarious family guest may have marked the items as "completed" in a misguided attempt at tomfoolery.

The account may also have been hacked, but MS/UserVoice might well not publicise that in favour of saying they were marked "in error".

If Guru intentionally set them to "completed", Sunday night is not the time to be doing it - Microsoft tend to publish things during working hours, Redmond time.
    Yeah tI think that is possible too, and I would love too those features coming to WP, I love WP more than android and definitely more than IOS
    12-03-2013 05:18 PM
    I think we all got trolled

Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:25 PM
    I think we all got trolled

Yeah, but remember how excited we were for those news
    12-03-2013 11:32 PM
    why would you be excited about “flick to close” ? You DO know how the os works, right?
    any new feature is welcome
    12-04-2013 02:09 AM
    While its possible this was done by mistake, I have to admit there is a lot of effort made by MSFT to make a buzz around about the platform. They simply aren`t there yet in terms of functionality and the whole attempt is to shadow all of that. Whether it maybe the sales numbers or the so called "closing of the app gap".

Seem to be trying too much to entice devs ,which atleast as of now, hasn`t succeded despite all of the money being pumped in and the "Scroogled" campaign. They are still far behind iOS which they seem to be actually adopting as a model and at this time, they simply aren`t doing enough to catch up. One thing that is 0sure, is if a significant player emerges meanwhile, it would simply mean the death of windows phone.
    12-04-2013 02:28 AM
    While its possible this was done by mistake, I have to admit there is a lot of effort made by MSFT to make a buzz around about the platform. They simply aren`t there yet in terms of functionality and the whole attempt is to shadow all of that. Whether it maybe the sales numbers or the so called "closing of the app gap".

Seem to be trying too much to entice devs ,which atleast as of now, hasn`t succeded despite all of the money being pumped in and the "Scroogled" campaign. They are still far behind iOS which they seem to be actually adopting as a model and at this time, they simply aren`t doing enough to catch up. One thing that is 0sure, is if a significant player emerges meanwhile, it would simply mean the death of windows phone.
    I think in my opinion. WP8.1 will bring functionality closer to Windows RT 8.1. and Windows RT 8.1's functionality is pretty good. I'll be excited if they do that. But I wonder if MS will separate each app on WP into a app like Windows 8.1. though I find it likely they will
    12-04-2013 02:36 AM
    Microsoft tend to publish things during working hours, Redmond time.
    Actually that's not always the case. There's several times that things are published outside of normal 'working hours'. I'm not even really sure that concept exists at Microsoft. For instance I don't know if you've noticed, but a ton of the software launches for updates for Xbox, Windows Phone, etc are around 2-4am on the days they are released.

That means there are people who are there that late while the software is being deployed to monitor the rollout in case of issues. This also includes people who do the documentation as well. There are tons of late night folks at MS. :)
    Binoya Mathews likes this.
    12-04-2013 03:32 AM
    You know i myself could have made a better os than those lazy people at M$. In this 2 year time

12-04-2013 03:47 AM
32 12