Data Sense question

GerOrBa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The data sense application "usage" page that shows detailed data usage of each app, shows a "system" icon at the bottom (out of the higher to lower usage order) that currently shows 86 megabytes of usage (20 over cellular network and 66 over wi-fi). Does anyone knows what is this about? What does the WP8 system uses this data for?.... I want to know in order to completely understand my data usage since I am not in an unlimited plan.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The data sense application "usage" page that shows detailed data usage of each app, shows a "system" icon at the bottom (out of the higher to lower usage order) that currently shows 86 megabytes of usage (20 over cellular network and 66 over wi-fi). Does anyone knows what is this about? What does the WP8 system uses this data for?.... I want to know in order to completely understand my data usage since I am not in an unlimited plan.

That's for error reports and telemetry as well as backups I believe, have a look at the feedback section in settings as that function can only send 10MB every 7 days.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I know this won't help alot, but so you understand where we are... MS were not keen to let us have any method of measuring data use at all. They had to be brow beaten into letting all but a very small select few have access to the info. Some will echo MS's excuses on this one, but as I have proven in the many historic threads on this those excuses are just not factually based. Since MS was forced to hand over DataSense they would want to redact some detail so as to mitigate the impact of handing this to customers on their goals (whatever they may be). Hence 'System' as a classification, which basically means 'It's data we gather systematically, alright? Keep your nose out user!'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3