Help seting up outlook.com that uses gmail microsoft account

Drey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all...Tired of not having push gmail on my 928, I'm trying to figure out how to configure outlook.com on my phone. I currently have a @gmail.com MS account that is linked to my zune/xbox music pass, xbox etc and is the MS account on the phone. How to configure outlook.com to receive email from gmail and outlook.com on the phone to use the @gmail account? I've tried adding it but it just errors out.

I do have an @outlook.com email address which receives the gmail no problem, but that account doesn't have skydrive or my contacts from my phone. Do i need to add this outlook.com email to the @gmail.com outlook.com account?

Thanks!

Drey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah yes, sorry about that, wrote it between doing 3 other things. I'm really trying to avoid the whole factory reset process since it seems that may cause me losing DRM/previously purchased info. So, if I want to keep the @gmail MS account, how can I setup a new "outlook.com" account on the phone when the email address is @gmail (primary reason for doing this is to get push gmail by using outlook.com's push functionality)

Thanks!

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
If you already have Gmail setup for your MS account, just forward your Gmail to that MS account. You can then change your default "send from" account in the mail settings via outlook.com. I do this for my personal domain so I don't have to pay for mobile sync email. It will show your Gmail address as the sender but on some mail clients it will show "on behalf of" in the sent from field. You can then either copy your contacts to your Microsoft account or link them via the outlook.com website under the people settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes