A sign of change for windows phone

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
ehmmm... you are totally wrong....
why? because its not Nokia, its not Windows Phone, Lenovo doesnt even make Windows Phones....its an android phone, that has some weird home button that looks like windows logo from far away.

K900 Mobile Smartphone: Best Android Smartphone 5.5" | Lenovo (IN)

so this ad has nothing to do with windows phone, and less about nokia.it
it even has the retarded and ugly Messi on it, so its a stupid worthless awful ad I had to watch just to prove it was the lenovo K phone, because I was sure, thats what you OP were talking about: the lenovo phone that some people have confused with a WP.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
ehmmm... you are totally wrong....
why? because its not Nokia, its not Windows Phone, Lenovo doesnt even make Windows Phones....its an android phone, that has some weird home button that looks like windows logo from far away.

K900 Mobile Smartphone: Best Android Smartphone 5.5" | Lenovo (IN)

so this ad has nothing to do with windows phone, and less about nokia.it
it even has the retarded and ugly Messi on it, so its a stupid worthless awful ad I had to watch just to prove it was the lenovo K phone, because I was sure, thats what you OP were talking about: the lenovo phone that some people have confused with a WP.

having watched the vid again you are correct, it is not a WP apologies for the error. That home icon is criminally identical to windows start key except for the circle in the middle.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's very easily done mistaking this phone for a Windows Phone, it was mentioned before here.

You'll also find quite a few adverts feature Windows Phone devices, but they aren't running WP8, it's usually Android. A recent example was this Geico one. Nokia have been involved in getting their phones into Adverts and music videos though. One that springs to mind is the Katy Perry Roar music video which heavily features the 1020.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed at the amount of advertising WP & Surface tablets have here in the US. But yet it doesn't seem to help much. There's virtually no advertising for Android. There is some for Samsung and iPhone/iPad, but most that I see is Windows mobile products. But why isn't WP/RT taking off here in the US?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed at the amount of advertising WP & Surface tablets have here in the US. But yet it doesn't seem to help much. There's virtually no advertising for Android. There is some for Samsung and iPhone/iPad, but most that I see is Windows mobile products. But why isn't WP/RT taking off here in the US?

There are few ads on TV here in the UK but I have seen more billboards lately. They also have a huge ad at the 3D iMax theater in London.

Reason why WP/RT are not taking off is because people keep expecting WP to be like Android first or a Windows like experience. Second is the limited app selection, yes, it's still an issue for a lot of people. With RT, it's been about people not understanding that a tablet can be productive but it also suffers from lack of apps.

Add in the issues that people encounter with WP, I can only imagine what the return rate has been like. Issues with music playback, issues with videos, issues with SD card. The 'other storage' issue. You basically kill a mobile if you can't do the simplest things.

So currently, even though WP has gained popularity, it's still got a poor reputation. RT still confuses people and lacks apps. That's why neither are big sellers in the US. Add in the personal image perspective (stylish Apple used by the celebs) and you begin to see what MS is up against. They needed to make the devices bulletproof to be successful. They haven't.

Keep in mind here, I own a WP and I'm thinking of getting a Surface 2. I see these issues as teething problems, however most consumers don't.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was a windows phone too. But you only see it at the beginning, after that its all android. It was like, how did he magically turn a windows phone into an android? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes