Just saw this advert and noticed the exposure and airtime that Nokia's Lumia WP got alongside Samsung Galaxy android device. What do you guys think. Is this the sign of change or clever marketing from Nokia?
    12-16-2013 03:30 PM
    How is Nokia in this?
    12-16-2013 03:37 PM
    That's a lenovo windows phone. I think lot of people think windows phone is made by Nokia.
    Tjarren, xandros9 and DreadVenom like this.
    12-16-2013 03:41 PM
    How is Windows Phone in this? That didn't look like WP to me.
    12-16-2013 04:00 PM
    That's a lenovo windows phone. I think lot of people think windows phone is made by Nokia.
    My mistake, i didn't really take notice of the brand of WP just that it was a wp in such a major advert.
    12-16-2013 04:47 PM
    How is Windows Phone in this? That didn't look like WP to me.
    how can you not see the windows button clearly?? The device as stated is a lenovo wp device.
    12-16-2013 04:48 PM
    how can you not see the windows button clearly?? The device as stated is a lenovo wp device.
    I don't see the Windows Phone OS. Which app is that?
    12-16-2013 05:18 PM
    ehmmm... you are totally wrong....
    why? because its not Nokia, its not Windows Phone, Lenovo doesnt even make Windows Phones....its an android phone, that has some weird home button that looks like windows logo from far away.

K900 Mobile Smartphone: Best Android Smartphone 5.5" | Lenovo (IN)

so this ad has nothing to do with windows phone, and less about nokia.it
    it even has the retarded and ugly Messi on it, so its a stupid worthless awful ad I had to watch just to prove it was the lenovo K phone, because I was sure, thats what you OP were talking about: the lenovo phone that some people have confused with a WP.
    12-16-2013 05:37 PM
    ehmmm... you are totally wrong....
    why? because its not Nokia, its not Windows Phone, Lenovo doesnt even make Windows Phones....its an android phone, that has some weird home button that looks like windows logo from far away.

K900 Mobile Smartphone: Best Android Smartphone 5.5" | Lenovo (IN)

so this ad has nothing to do with windows phone, and less about nokia.it
    it even has the retarded and ugly Messi on it, so its a stupid worthless awful ad I had to watch just to prove it was the lenovo K phone, because I was sure, thats what you OP were talking about: the lenovo phone that some people have confused with a WP.
    having watched the vid again you are correct, it is not a WP apologies for the error. That home icon is criminally identical to windows start key except for the circle in the middle.
    12-17-2013 12:58 AM
    It's very easily done mistaking this phone for a Windows Phone, it was mentioned before here.

You'll also find quite a few adverts feature Windows Phone devices, but they aren't running WP8, it's usually Android. A recent example was this Geico one. Nokia have been involved in getting their phones into Adverts and music videos though. One that springs to mind is the Katy Perry Roar music video which heavily features the 1020.
    12-17-2013 03:25 AM
    Nokia have been involved in getting their phones into Adverts and music videos though.
    And on TV! It seems like every other character in a TV show is using a Nokia phone. I really hope all this exposure pays off...
    12-17-2013 09:40 AM
    And on TV! It seems like every other character in a TV show is using a Nokia phone. I really hope all this exposure pays off...
    Yep, I hope so as well :)
    12-17-2013 10:23 AM
    K900 looks like a nice phone. Wish it would come to the US
    12-17-2013 02:16 PM
    That does look like a WP home button but it's not, it's square where the WP is angled,
    I can see where you saw a WP button in that if that's what you saw.
    not-wp.jpg

12-17-2013 02:38 PM
    I'm amazed at the amount of advertising WP & Surface tablets have here in the US. But yet it doesn't seem to help much. There's virtually no advertising for Android. There is some for Samsung and iPhone/iPad, but most that I see is Windows mobile products. But why isn't WP/RT taking off here in the US?
    12-17-2013 04:54 PM
    I'm amazed at the amount of advertising WP & Surface tablets have here in the US. But yet it doesn't seem to help much. There's virtually no advertising for Android. There is some for Samsung and iPhone/iPad, but most that I see is Windows mobile products. But why isn't WP/RT taking off here in the US?
    There are few ads on TV here in the UK but I have seen more billboards lately. They also have a huge ad at the 3D iMax theater in London.

Reason why WP/RT are not taking off is because people keep expecting WP to be like Android first or a Windows like experience. Second is the limited app selection, yes, it's still an issue for a lot of people. With RT, it's been about people not understanding that a tablet can be productive but it also suffers from lack of apps.

Add in the issues that people encounter with WP, I can only imagine what the return rate has been like. Issues with music playback, issues with videos, issues with SD card. The 'other storage' issue. You basically kill a mobile if you can't do the simplest things.

So currently, even though WP has gained popularity, it's still got a poor reputation. RT still confuses people and lacks apps. That's why neither are big sellers in the US. Add in the personal image perspective (stylish Apple used by the celebs) and you begin to see what MS is up against. They needed to make the devices bulletproof to be successful. They haven't.

Keep in mind here, I own a WP and I'm thinking of getting a Surface 2. I see these issues as teething problems, however most consumers don't.
    12-18-2013 05:29 AM
    I thought it was a windows phone too. But you only see it at the beginning, after that its all android. It was like, how did he magically turn a windows phone into an android? lol
    12-18-2013 07:45 AM