Cant connect to chat solved finally

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the problem sorted out. I went to outlook.com and set the account i used to sign into my phone to primary and it solved the issue.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
If your using an alias as your primary MS account on your phone. Your primary account on your phone and outlook.com have to match. Either format your phone and change the alias to your primary account, or Go to Outlook.com > Your Account Icon (Top Right Corner) > Account Settings > Add or Change Aliases > Make Primary (On the account which is primary on your phone). Wait around 20 minutes and it should login correctly.

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this solves it, or at least it did for me. I had my Windows Account on the phone as my gmail account, but the primary on outlook.com was my outlook email. Now how can I switch my phone to the outlook.com address without loosing everything?

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Figured as much, but will I at least not need to repurchase my apps? I'm probably going to be doing a warranty return on my 920 anyway so I guess I can make the switch then if it doesn't jack up my purchased apps.

Thanks!

Sureshr

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This makes no sense. How is chat (FB chat in messaging) related to microsoft account?

My WP account is the primary outlook account and I still get 'Can't connect to chat' error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2