six months on and i am bored with wp8....

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
well its just a phone and an os ..still I have started to feel wp8 is very basic compare to android ..no exciting new hard wares in the mid range(around 400$)..no extra ordinary features...basically nothing much happening in windows world...we get the apps and games fairly late and sometimes not get it at all...there is no point in getting into wp at this time or stay with it....seriously I am bored and feel like switching...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
well its just a phone and an os ..still I have started to feel wp8 is very basic compare to android ..no exciting new hard wares in the mid range(around 400$)..no extra ordinary features...basically nothing much happening in windows world...we get the apps and games fairly late and sometimes not get it at all...there is no point in getting into wp at this time or stay with it....seriously I am bored and feel like switching...

I bought an HTC Trophy on launch day on Verizon, and I've been using WP since. I've never grown bored with it and I always love to tinker and play with it. That said, you knew that it wasn't as customizable as Android when you bought it, right? If you expect it to be as customizable as Android, you're going to be bored. Plain and simple. Maybe the new jailbreak stuff that's coming out with help you, but I don't know what else to tell you.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone may be late in the spec wars, but remember, it doesn't always need the new specs right when they come out. My 920 has 1GB ram and a slower dual core S4 processor than my nexus 4, but isn't lagging as much, as the OS is still smooth. :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Feel free to change :p

Listen, its your choice I agree with your point of view, but personally WP8 fits me well and so my L820 does. I've been thinking about choosing Sony XPERIA Z1 instead L820 back in March '13... Today I had thoughts about switching when I heard about Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact... However I will stay with Windows Phone as long as my L820 works, because I really like it at its basic :) and then, we will see... Probably I'll try something another, because L820 is my first smartphone, so I started my tech adventure with WP :p

Ughh or I'll go for L1020 if it gets cheaper here :p

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have spent more than 6 months,bought it in June,still love it,we might get some apps late but at least they don't come with a complimentary lag like android.my only concern is that my 620 comes with 512 Mb ram,so you might be right about the mid-range specs and hardware,but you can still shift to 820 or 920(I will do so in a year).the simple UI is perfect for my use,might be a bit boring to some people.there you go,that's my review of my wp8,might agree with yours on some aspects but still no reason to shift to lagdroid and iPhone is not really in my price range,so I'll stick to WP till I guess the next 10 years happily. ^_^

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone may be late in the spec wars, but remember, it doesn't always need the new specs right when they come out. My 920 has 1GB ram and a slower dual core S4 processor than my nexus 4, but isn't lagging as much, as the OS is still smooth. :)
I guess I started with the wrong phone..i have 720 and its fairly good...but it has its limitation with 512 MB RAM...now I want to upgrade but there is no option in 400 450 $ range...there is just no phone available with atleast 16 gb internal storage with sd card support..1080 p 4.5 5 inch screen and a good 920 like camera...well the major disappointment is with customization and ecosystem part though....in everything MS and its OEMs are way behind ..world is moving on to 2k and 4k and we are just barely there with 1080 p...

Karkadann

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just you remember: a 512MB RAM WP8 will not lag like a 1GB Android does. If you want to install and unninstall a ton of apps, change lockscreens, wallpapers, and make your phone slow, switch to Android. Personally, I don't want any Android phone. If I got the newest and fastest Android phone, I would sell it and buy myself the best WP device available. But that's a matter of opinion. If you're bored, maybe you should switch to Android. Then you will see if you miss something from WP.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I started with the wrong phone..i have 720 and its fairly good...but it has its limitation with 512 MB RAM...now I want to upgrade but there is no option in 400 450 $ range...there is just no phone available with atleast 16 gb internal storage with sd card support..1080 p 4.5 5 inch screen and a good 920 like camera...well the major disappointment is with customization and ecosystem part though....in everything MS and its OEMs are way behind ..world is moving on to 2k and 4k and we are just barely there with 1080 p...

I agree that 512mb devices are a little limited but you should have known that from the start, I assume you did your research? Anyway I don't think we will see a 1080p screen on a device less than 5 inches because you can't tell the difference. The 920 may be good option for you right now, you can buy gently used ones on eBay for the price range your wanting to spend. It has 32gb storage, awesome camera, 1gb ram, is lag free.

I disagree that MS and the OEM's are way behind, they have top and bottom ranged phones that meet or exceed the specs on other phones, the 520,1520,1020 ect..... A used older top of the range phone like the 920 makes for a great mid range phone now.

Of course if the WP eco system doesn't do it for you, its your life feel free to switch, I just think you will come back sooner or later ��

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
well thank you for your advice ..I did say it that its just a phone and an os ...but still I would be glad if my phone can do more stuff and in a better way than just receiving calls and mails...this comment is in reply to someone who advised me to take some pills for my ADHD..its been deleted I guess...

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're bored, then switch to another platform. I've been using WP8 for nearly 14 months now and am still very happy with it. Actually even more so since I'm getting incredible battery life out of my 920.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
512mb windows phones should be banned. Also there is too much choice and numbers when choosing a windows phone.

I loved my lumia 800 but wanted Windows Phone 8 so i got a 620. Big mistake, slow, apps always showing "resuming..." for ages when reopening them.

One thing i like about apple is the lack of choice.

Anyway this is off topic from the op.

Yeah just change, change back when suitable. Don't make a fuss about it.

I might get a moto g until wp8.1 comes out.

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree with most of the people here. My experiences with Android was messy and fun, (like going to a party). While iOS was simple and neat (like going to school). While Windows Phone is real life. A mix bag. Lol.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd say if you don't care for Windows Phone, switch. My suggestion would be iPhone, as I will never suggest anyone switch to Android - I value your security too much to make that suggestion. But I also believe that no single phone will ever meet the needs and desires of everyone. There are varieties in things because there are varieties in people's tastes, and that goes for phone OSs, too. Good luck in finding what it is that you need and desire! :wink:

grunge100

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I kind of agree with you, but I have been using WP since 2011 and the platform works for me. I would like to tinker with it a bit more, but I do have an Android tablet for that (and I must say that my ASUS tablet is about as smooth as 40 grain sandpaper) LOL..

Regards,

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I kind of agree with you, but I have been using WP since 2011 and the platform works for me. I would like to tinker with it a bit more, but I do have an Android tablet for that (and I must say that my ASUS tablet is about as smooth as 40 grain sandpaper) LOL..

Regards,

Now that's smooth........ :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then by the same token I'm sure you suggest that people use a Chromebook instead of a PC! :cool:
Ummm... No. Given the options, if security were the only consideration, I'd send them to the Apple Store. Why in the world would I suggest someone use a PC designed solely with the purpose of spying on them??
:cool:

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
bro it all depends what u looking for. for me i always get high end fones soo i have less to complain.i started windows fone with lumia 1020 the best out there now. i guess for a phone 4.5 inc to 5 inc is max. i love the 1520 but i already use note 2 for my other stuff. iam just confused have 2 phones with same OS or different is better.i may get the 1320 as its cheaper and i can do all my social and work stuff on it.i actually love the way windows OS works. smooth to the point and very colorful metro UI.i guess many kids may find OS boring but it is more dependable than android for sure.iam using note 2 and i see how its battery life is bad and how much it lags. just thats certain apps r not letting me get 1520 yet.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I love WP, and honestly I'm getting a little bored myself. I scour Twitter and WPC every day hoping for exciting WP8 news. The app announcements are great, and I'm glad to see sales numbers continuing to improve- but I really want the 8.1 update and more OS features. I've played with Android phones and tablets over the last few years (admittedly I've never used a "pure Google experience" device) and it never "clicked" for me. It sounds dumb to say but something about the fonts, layouts, and overall UI was just unappealing to me. I keep peeking over the fence though; I like the idea of being able to customize things a little more and the idea that developers are free to create experiences that are unavailable on iOS or WP8. I always imagined that WP was going to create a middle path between the very restricted but well-designed iOS and the very messy but unrestrained Android. Thus far, I've been very happy with the WP design and UI (except for the Settings menu- what a mess), but I'd like to see them lift some restrictions and enable more experiences.

To the OP I'd say go play around with Android for a while if you're feeling bored. In the $300-$400 range you've got a lot of options (Nexus 5, Moto G, even a gently used Moto X or HTC One). I wouldn't get too caught up in the specs, though. Most reports indicate that the Moto X and Nexus 5 are really fantastic devices even if they do not have the absolute highest-end specs across the board. Go play around, then maybe come back and try a new WP8.1 device this summer and let us all know how you found the switch. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon