Nokia Lumia Black Update Starts Rolling Out Today

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think we would have heard alot more about this App Folder, if it were really in the update. After all, 1020 and 1520 already have GDR3+Black.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Folders finally coming to Windows Phone through Nokia?€™s Lumia Black update | Windows Phone Central
The biggest surprise is the addition of folders into Windows Phone. App folders will allow users to group similar apps and settings into one folder as a tile on your Start screen. A mod from Nokia Conversations replied in the comments of the corresponding blog post announcing the rollout and said that “we’ll bring more details on that in a future post” when answering how app folders will work. This is a heavily requested feature among many Windows Phone users and those running Lumia Black will be able to take advantage of it.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No offence to anyone but the last time this started with GDR2 it took over a month and a half for the update to reach all the phones from the time it started. I would prefer they didn't say anything an let it be a surprise. My 820 and 520 are both working fine with GDR2. It would be nice to get the update and get a few more features; but how does that go. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I kind of feel that way now after what happend last update. Plus I am with AT&T and they are the slowest of the bunch to get updates out. I will be waiting, like I did last time I am sure.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No offence to anyone but the last time this started with GDR2 it took over a month and a half for the update to reach all the phones from the time it started. I would prefer they didn't say anything an let it be a surprise. My 820 and 520 are both working fine with GDR2. It would be nice to get the update and get a few more features; but how does that go. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I kind of feel that way now after what happend last update. Plus I am with AT&T and they are the slowest of the bunch to get updates out. I will be waiting, like I did last time I am sure.

I've personally never had any problems with any WP Software or Firmware I've installed, so I'm always eager to install any update which gets released. The more features the better really.

This rollout is bit different than Amber it seems, as it appears Nokia somehow got approval from nearly all of the carriers beforehand, so most people with 925 and 1020 phones get it immediately from now. You would hope that the carriers could also release it for other phones fairly soon if they have already tested it on the 925 and 1020. I'm going to guess that people with other models, could be waiting for many weeks to get it on theirs though. I'd love to be proved wrong though ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes