Native SkyDrive app??

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I cannot find the native SkyDrive application on my Lumia 1020.

I'm assuming there is a SkyDrive application as "you'll get 7GB free when you purchase this phone" is exclaimed from everywhere. AND seeing as this is a Windows Phone, I cannot and will not expect anything less than a native SkyDrive app.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PS: I know I can "access" my SkyDrive when going to another app called "Office". I'm not interested in that at all as this seems to be just a browser and not an application.

Also, how do I get my extra 7GB of SkyDrive space?

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you but I'm again left flabbergasted as to why this app is not installed by default, ie, native.

I don't understand the 7GB marketing. They might as well say: "Get 50GB free with Box when you buy this phone." No. you can get 50GB free with Box (or 7GB free with SkyDrive) even if you don't buy this phone!

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I prefer an app as opposed to just getting "access to" SkyDrive otherwise I'll just use a browser to sign into my SkyDrive.

I've just had a look at the "access to SkyDrive" in the Camera Roll and this is dire. It only offers you to "save to SkyDrive" the currently selected photo. I won't even call this "access to", oh dear!

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
To access photos on Skydrive without using the Skydrive app, go to Albums under the Photos app and scroll down and you will see some albums that say "PicnicFest 2013 Photos from Skydrive" etc.

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
To access photos on Skydrive without using the Skydrive app, go to Albums under the Photos app and scroll down and you will see some albums that say "PicnicFest 2013 Photos from Skydrive" etc.

Cheewii Poon cheers for the suggestion but I really don't see the point. When I go to SkyDrive, I want to see my documents; photos, office files, folders, applications, utilities etc. When I want to see my photos, I will consult the photos app or the camera roll.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Cheewii Poon cheers for the suggestion but I really don't see the point. When I go to SkyDrive, I want to see my documents; photos, office files, folders, applications, utilities etc. When I want to see my photos, I will consult the photos app or the camera roll.
Well I guess for what you want do to installing the app is the best option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon