Wifi drains more than celluar on WP8?

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Nokia 1020 on black and I've had it for several months now. My battery life is good.. except when using Wifi. I've noticed that when using Wifi, it actually drains MORE than celluar. I've had two 1020s and I experinced the same on both.

This actually causes me to not connect my phone to my router at home, because the discharge rate gets alot higher. I find this very strange, because i came from iPhone 4S and Wifi was alot better then celluar when it came to battery life. Also, anyone you ask would tell you that wifi is better for battery than celluar.... But not on my Nokia 1020.

This is a problem because I don't have unlimited data and my wifi-connection is alot faster.

Have anyone else experienced this aswell?

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your wifi on when you lock your screen? You can change this setting by going into wifi and then advanced settings. This should lower your battery drain.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No it does not, what drains it is you not disabling the option: Settings > System > Wi-Fi > Advanced> Notify me when new networks are found.

if you really want to get drains to stop try setting your mail from (as it arrives to every 4 hours or 3 hours) you will thank me for this..

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No it does not, what drains it is you not disabling the option: Settings > System > Wi-Fi > Advanced> Notify me when new networks are found.

if you really want to get drains to stop try setting your mail from (as it arrives to every 4 hours or 3 hours) you will thank me for this..

It's actually better to keep it at "as items arrive" because you'd only be syncing two or three items at a time as opposed to downloading loads of emails at a time. I haven't had a problem with leaving email on as items arrive.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

All that is turned off. I only have keep connected which is obivious that you have too, otherwise you dont get messages until you unlock the phone. I know about the saving-battery tips already, thanks anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes