[Test] Messenger Hub backend may have merged/changed

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was totally pissed today as I kept getting "Can't connect to chat" drama and wasn't prepared for a hard reset. I have all stock bits on my phone and additionally have Skype. Not even WPCentral app or Nokia Camera, nothing.

However, my messenger hub wouldn't play ball. So I did a little test. I logged into a friend's account (with permission of course!) who is my Skype friend as well as Messenger friend. Now you would have noticed that on desktop Skype your friend will appear twice in contact list, once with "messenger" written under their name, once as normal Skype contact.

1 - I changed my status to "away" on WP, it said "can't connect to chat" - I checked Skype, I was showing "away" to my friend on desktop, under both usernames.
2 - I changed my status to "busy" on WP, it said "can't connect to chat" - I checked Skype, I was showing "busy" to my friend on desktop, under both usernames.
3 - I sent messages to myself from Skype - once on messenger, once on Skype - nothing arrived on WP.
4 - I changed my status to "available" on WP, it said "can't connect to chat" - I checked Skype, I was shown as "available" with both usernames again.
5 - I sent messages to myself from Skype - on messenger and Skype - it pushed me previous message and this one instantly in messenger hub and with approx. 5 mins delay on Skype app.

I've tried this at least 4 times at random points today and as long as I've set chat status to "available" - my friend is able to see me as available on both Skype and messenger and their messages are reaching me without any hassle - even if it said "Can't connect to chat" all the time.

May be that Skype backend merge is finally coming along nicely? Anyone else had a better messaging experience recently? - NOT TALKING ABOUT FACEBOOK CHAT.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So if you change your status on your WP, it doesn't update both - Skype and Messenger statuses on desktop?
nope I did ask a friend who did use messenger and Skype ...essentially I I tired to replicate what you described and It didn't happen to me ...maybe I didn't get the " cant connect to chat" error .or maybe he was using the Skype app on windows 8.1 but anyways I wasn't able to replicate it :/ . im not saying they are not doing it ..just I didn't get that on my experiment

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
nope I did ask a friend who did use messenger and Skype ...essentially I I tired to replicate what you described and It didn't happen to me ...maybe I didn't get the " cant connect to chat" error .or maybe he was using the Skype app on windows 8.1 but anyways I wasn't able to replicate it :/ . im not saying they are not doing it ..just I didn't get that on my experiment

That's probably right as you say. It may not have affected all accounts yet. I did it this morning again and basically my chat messages are going through even though it says "can't connect to chat". Think they've effectively replaced my messenger account with Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon