Linked two contacts, unlinked, now all text message linked in one of the contacts???

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was experimenting and tried linking my mom and dads contacts together. Then unlinked them and now all of the text message for my dad have merged with with my mom's. For example, when I go to messaging, I don't see the thread that I had with my dad. When I go to messaging, I see the thread for my mom and now mixed in that is all the messages from both my mom and dad. If I go to my dads contact information and swipe to history, all the texts are still there, but when I click on one of them, it takes me to the thread for my mom??? This happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to get the text messages unmerged?

thanks,

bob

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
after unlink both contacts backup your data then soft-reset & may be your problem will be solved
I was experimenting and tried linking my mom and dads contacts together. Then unlinked them and now all of the text message for my dad have merged with with my mom's. For example, when I go to messaging, I don't see the thread that I had with my dad. When I go to messaging, I see the thread for my mom and now mixed in that is all the messages from both my mom and dad. If I go to my dads contact information and swipe to history, all the texts are still there, but when I click on one of them, it takes me to the thread for my mom??? This happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to get the text messages unmerged?

thanks,

bob

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Delete both contacts from people, then backup your data & then check both contacts on skydrive (with log in from laptop) also, if there delete both contacs , then save as new number both on mobile. Moreover delete all messages from that both numbers.

Didn't work. Anyone else have thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney