Delete A Downloaded Xbox Music Album From Phone?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm certainly not a master at using Xbox Music, but I can't find a way to delete an entire album from my phone that I downloaded (rather than just streaming from Xbox). I'm assuming it's taking up memory space on my phone since I downloaded it, but I don't like the album and would like to completely delete it but can't. Holding a press-down on the album doesn't offer any delete options, and the three dot "more" menu also doesn't offer any deletion. So I also thought "maybe I have to delete it from my desktop Xbox Music app", but the album and artist don't even show up at all on my desktop "collection". For reference, it's not just albums I downloaded from the Xbox store that I can't delete; it's even the albums that I loaded onto my 928 from my own CD collection/laptop.

I did notice, however, that I can delete individual songs one by one but I'm thinking and hoping that MS wouldn't have thought that to be the best way to manage music on a WP8 device.

What am I missing? Can music and albums only be deleted one song at a time?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I did notice, however, that I can delete individual songs one by one but I'm thinking and hoping that MS wouldn't have thought that to be the best way to manage music on a WP8 device.

What am I missing? Can music and albums only be deleted one song at a time?

You can select more than one, but I am looking and do not see an option to do the whole album either..........

I just go to the song listing, and use the 'select multiple' feature just like you would in your email. tap all the songs once and then delete.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Thanks for the suggestion. That worked but temporarily crashed my Xbox Music while it deleted the songs (after a few minutes it worked fine again). Once all the songs were gone then the album info and image also disappeared, thankfully. Still seems like a rather high maintenance way to delete an album, though, but definitely along the lines of other strange/questionable logic decisions that MS seems to consistently make.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Thanks for the suggestion. That worked but temporarily crashed my Xbox Music while it deleted the songs (after a few minutes it worked fine again). Once all the songs were gone then the album info and image also disappeared, thankfully. Still seems like a rather high maintenance way to delete an album, though, but definitely along the lines of other strange/questionable logic decisions that MS seems to consistently make.

Yep. Xbox Music and Music+Videos feels very 1st Gen / 1st iteration when it comes to some of the stuff that seems 'every day obvious'... Then there are other things like the syncing across my tablet, gaming console and phone; which is quite 'next gen'.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Once you get the point where you can select the tracks you want to delete, you can tap the 3 dots and you should be able to "select all."
Thanks. Good tip. Definitely makes the process faster. But still not as fast as a Delete option on the Albums page would be. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon