Does Anyone Agree with Skypes Answer About Lumia Phones...

Graham Goldman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Upon checking on our resources, using it is recommended to use WiFi Connection when using Skype for Nokia Lumia since 3G and 4G connection is currently not supported. Meaning to say, it may work using those kind of connection but there's no guarantee for the quality of service that you will get. Thus, we still recommend using WiFi connection using Skype for this particular phone.

Best regards,

Ryan V.
Skype Tier 2 Team

Does anyone agree. I certainly think its a cop out...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Upon checking on our resources, using it is recommended to use WiFi Connection when using Skype for Nokia Lumia since 3G and 4G connection is currently not supported. Meaning to say, it may work using those kind of connection but there's no guarantee for the quality of service that you will get. Thus, we still recommend using WiFi connection using Skype for this particular phone.

Best regards,

Ryan V.
Skype Tier 2 Team

Does anyone agree. I certainly think its a cop out...

I would say that advice applies to ALL devices, 3G and 4G isn't reliable enough unlike WiFi.

Graham Goldman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It works 100% of the time on my old S2. So that cant be true.... I turn off my wifi in my house (waiting for my contract to end so I can cancel it) because it runs at 4Mbits when my 4G can run up to 100 but speedtests always show me that it is over 40Mbits. I am in Finland and it is sad but true Networks are better here. All of my 6 devices share the connection from my 925. And that includes the old S2 that never fails with video calls. Go figure...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon