Music /Lockscreen / Music & Video question

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from searching I've gathered that windows phone 8 will not display album art on the lockscreen unless you've enabled Music & Video to connect with Xbox Music AND you're paying for the premium Xbox Music service.

I have album artwork displaying in app but not on the lockscreen, enabled connect to Xbox Music (am NOT paying for the Xbox Music service) and no Album Art on the Lockscreen or Live Tile. Is this how it's supposed to be? I'm about to install MPA tools and manually fix it if this is the case.

My other question, if I'm receiving no information from Xbox Music and only getting grey screens, do I even need to have that option turned on to connect to Xbox Music?

Lumia Icon
wp_ss_20140322_0001.png

wp_ss_20140322_0002.png

wp_ss_20140322_0003.png

Honestly, it shouldn't be this difficult to display the artwork that's already there. I understand M$ is trying to get you to go into their store and pay like a good little boy, but paying to stream the music I already have or paying just to see the artwork that's already there is ridiculous. Considering it'll probably take another year for VLC's WP 8.1 app to ever see reality, playing music on a windows phone is incredibly worse than using any other device. And I really like my phone otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes