We need VPN for WP8 in Turkey

Onursari

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
hi, our government has blocked twitter.com 2 days ago. We were able to enter twitter via DNS but today they blocked DNS too. All of the DNSs don't work now. They are all blocked. we can just login via website using vpn like hotspot or zenmate on chrome. As we don't have VPN application on our store, we are just using Nokia Xpress (it uses some proxy as I understand) Why doesn't they do an app for WP8? Or can't they do because of OS?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That's bad news. The good news is, It supposed to be coming to you in 8.1 that is if Turkey doesn't block the update.

Onursari

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess they will even cut the internet before the election :D anyways, when could this update come? I am waiting for that.. It would be best really.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
People were spreading info and bad (but possibly true) pr about the current prime minister - who is coming up for elections soon. That sucks.

And yeah, hopefully wp8.1 will bring openvpn support, or something, so it becomes harder to block social media arbitrarily. Especially when the rest is state influenced.

Pgp support would be good too - encrypt your messages and all that!

Good luck to all those suffering under such draconian regimes - whether they have the deceitful cloak of democracy or no

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
It is that kind of decision that leads to Turkey being excluded from the European Union.

Shame because, from my experience, they're a lovely welcoming lot.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
At least 50% of Turkey is not happy with this regime. But ,unfortunately, still the other uneducated half can't see what Erdogan did by stealing money and our freedoms from us.

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
It is really sad that true democracy will never work if you have so many uneducated people... Lets see what happenes after the elections, hopefully the bigger cities especially Istanbul can vote some other party this time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac