App Permissions: can anyone Explain?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone... i recently noticed even Battery apps requests Photos and Video Library Permission. what does it mean?
does the app has the access to our Photos and upload to somewhere the developer wants??

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Technically, yes.
If this is an ad supported free app, these permissions are required in order for the ad control to function.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Its not that they WILL be accessing your pictures, but if there's a slight chance that an app might, potentially, access it, they have to put that there.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I wonder about stuff like that too. I don't get why a lot of apps want access to the camera, microphone, phone dialer, maps, music library etc. I generally won't install apps that want all that but it does limit your choices.

jay64

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
bs - not needed for a damn battery app - msft demands developer require location services in this case and in other cases "free" means data mining your phone via permissions that should not be required. They even do it on paid apps - ridiculous. then they tell you that you control permissions - yah , right but if you exercise that control you can't even download the app. some choice. I know younger folks often think privacy is a privilege but it is actually a right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon