Errors 8007002/3 and c00d36c4 when trying to play mp3s

Elia Levorato

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I would like to report my experience with the impossibility to use my Lumia 620 as a mp3 player.
I always encounter these errors, and the phone says it cannot reproduce the files. I also see some duplicates.

Here's what I tried:
- 3 different MicroSds (1x 8Gb and 2x 32Gb Class 10)
- 2 different MicroSd adapters
- every format possibility for the Sds (phone format, pc-format, quick and not quick format, exFAT and FAT32)
- transfer both with the sd plugged into the pc and with the sd into the phone and the phone plugged into the pc
- factory reset on the phone
- transfer via File Explorer (Win7) and via Windows Phone Desktop App
- convert the mp3s into aac and copy them without conversion
- correcting the tags
- disabled xbox music cloud sync
- used the "send to" instead the copy-paste

I've chatted with the Nokia Italy assistance (i'm italian) and with the windows phone support on twitter, tried everything they suggested me, but nothing works. Also the linked me lots of topics, and answers, and as i found in this forum, it seems to be a quite common problem with windows phones.
The mp3s work well into the pc, iPod, and car radio.

Have you any further suggestion?
We should let our voices be heard, we bought a smartphone, but we can't use it as an mp3-player, it is quite embarassing....

Elia Levorato

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Have no fear, every suggestion is welcome! :)
Soft reset is volume down plus power button, right?
I've already done a factory reset, so I'm not sure a soft reset will work, but I will give it a try.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I noticed, the second error you refer to appeared when I tried to stream music without 3G/WIFI on. Could that be the case for you as well?

alex-panda

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
did you ever resolve the issue, been trying everything for weeks now and nothing works
carrying around my WP7 for music all the time -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon