How to: custom mail folder for keeping selected mails longer than standard (last month or whatever)?

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've scrolled through all search results, but couldn't find an answer, so here is my question:

How can I create a folder in my mail where I can move or copy selected messages that I want to keep longer than the standard synchronization time (which is currently set to 1 month)?

Reason is, I want to keep some mails because I know I'll need them later than in 30 days, for example hotel bookings in June, or car rental confirmations in July etc.

Any idea how I can solve this?

I know I could set synchronisation to 'any time', then all e-mails would be on my phone forever, but that might blow my mailbox/phone :straight:

Another idea would be to create another mail-address where I forward that messages to, and synchronizing only that dedicated mailbox 'any time'. Which is a workaround only...

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if you are talking here about your Microsoft id , it will not erase your mail after certain period of time , I have mails from 17-4-2013 , that's just a random I checked right now , it will not delete any mail from your inbox without your permission or until you decide to delete it :)
I am having many mails in my Microsoft ld (though I have a Lumia 920 ) , it isn't taking much space

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just create another mail account to keep these long-tem emails. So instead of copying/moving the emails, just forward them to the other account.

On your phone, just set the "download email from" setting to "any time".

What I tend to do if I want to keep information is create a OneNote page and copy/paste information to that.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Himanshu Chowdhary. no, I'm talking about mails on my Lumia.

o Aperture o: OneNote is a good idea, thanks :)

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just create another mail account to keep these long-tem emails. So instead of copying/moving the emails, just forward them to the other account.

That's finally what I did: I forward all mails I want to keep to my new forever@xyz.com mail address, and I don't link that address with my main inbox. Works fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium