Hello,

I've scrolled through all search results, but couldn't find an answer, so here is my question:

How can I create a folder in my mail where I can move or copy selected messages that I want to keep longer than the standard synchronization time (which is currently set to 1 month)?

Reason is, I want to keep some mails because I know I'll need them later than in 30 days, for example hotel bookings in June, or car rental confirmations in July etc.

Any idea how I can solve this?

I know I could set synchronisation to 'any time', then all e-mails would be on my phone forever, but that might blow my mailbox/phone

Another idea would be to create another mail-address where I forward that messages to, and synchronizing only that dedicated mailbox 'any time'. Which is a workaround only...
    03-31-2014 02:39 AM
    if you are talking here about your Microsoft id , it will not erase your mail after certain period of time , I have mails from 17-4-2013 , that's just a random I checked right now , it will not delete any mail from your inbox without your permission or until you decide to delete it :)
    I am having many mails in my Microsoft ld (though I have a Lumia 920 ) , it isn't taking much space
    Last edited by Himanshu Chowdhary; 03-31-2014 at 03:19 AM. Reason: fixed autocorrect issues
    03-31-2014 02:51 AM
    Just create another mail account to keep these long-tem emails. So instead of copying/moving the emails, just forward them to the other account.

On your phone, just set the "download email from" setting to "any time".

What I tend to do if I want to keep information is create a OneNote page and copy/paste information to that.
    03-31-2014 02:55 AM
    Himanshu Chowdhary. no, I'm talking about mails on my Lumia.

o Aperture o: OneNote is a good idea, thanks :-)
    Pete likes this.
    03-31-2014 03:06 AM
    Himanshu Chowdhary. no, I'm talking about mails on my Lumia.

o Aperture o: OneNote is a good idea, thanks :-)
    :-p I am talking about the same :-p that autocorrect made it email let me fix that
    03-31-2014 03:18 AM
    Just create another mail account to keep these long-tem emails. So instead of copying/moving the emails, just forward them to the other account.
    That's finally what I did: I forward all mails I want to keep to my new forever@xyz.com mail address, and I don't link that address with my main inbox. Works fine :-)
    07-07-2015 09:02 AM