Bluetooth Voice Commands

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently picked up a Bluetooth headset for my Nokia 928 -- the Plantronics Voyager Legend. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't access speech/voice commands (the equivalent of holding the WP button down) via Bluetooth. If this were possible, what BT feature do I need to look for?

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the manual for the headset, have you tried this? "If your smartphone has a voice-enabled assistant, press the call button for 2 seconds and
wait for phone prompt."

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ahh yes.. The old "read the manual" trick. :)

In my defense, I did scan it. Just didn't think that what I wanted was under the heading "voice dial", because I was wanting to use the feature for searching and using speech-enabled apps. Now it seems rather obvious.

Thank you, kind sir!

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Although I can activate things such as texting, I can't get it to do actually do anything. I say "Text John Smith", and it prompts me for the message. After I say the message it thinks my message is "Text John Smith" so I say try again. Then it asks for the message. After I finish the message, it thinks the new message is "Try Again".

Very frustrating.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Although I can activate things such as texting, I can't get it to do actually do anything. I say "Text John Smith", and it prompts me for the message. After I say the message it thinks my message is "Text John Smith" so I say try again. Then it asks for the message. After I finish the message, it thinks the new message is "Try Again".

Very frustrating.

Hmm, I'm not sure I can help you there. I take it when you do this without the headset it works as it should? I have the Plantronics Backbeat headset and I know it works as it should through that one.

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Very frustrating.

FWIW, I exchanged the unit, and it seems to work quite well now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon