When I needed a new PC, everyone said to purchase a Mac because it would integrate well with my iPhone. It did work well but I didn't enjoy using a Mac and went back to using a PC. All of my searching really got me thinking; it seems that many look at the synergy between an iPhone and Mac as a huge selling point. I don't hear much about this on the Windows side. Maybe it's just me but I don't walk into a store and hear, "the integration between WP8 and Windows is really great" in the same way I do about an iPhone and Mac. I guess my question is, how do you all think WP8 and Windows 8 stack up against an iPhone and Mac?
    04-24-2014 10:13 AM
    With wp8.1 now it syncs my start screen accent colour , ie 11 tabs , history and passwords , app backups on onedrive , images and videos backup on onedrive and Xbox music syncs between both very well. Where as I have a iPad and iCloud syncs images on my windows 8.1. Oh office files also syncs between wp8 and windows 8.
    04-24-2014 10:22 AM
    OneDrive with all the office apps is really great and like was said, the backgrounds, favorites, tabs, etc. sync across platforms and this is configurable to limit what gets synced and what doesn't. There are also many apps that have both a Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 version that also sync together between platforms. Weave is one and also Password Padlock (manual sync) and Bing apps are just a few that I use. This interaction is getting better all the time too.
    04-24-2014 10:29 AM
    I am kind of tied to Chrome as they have a few extensions that I feel like I can't live without. Speaking of Chrome, I think Android and Google have great syncing as well. I didn't know that WP and Windows did all of that. That seems like the most consistent of all the platforms. Any idea why these features aren't talked about more?
    04-24-2014 10:32 AM
    OneDrive with all the office apps is really great and like was said, the backgrounds, favorites, tabs, etc. sync across platforms and this is configurable to limit what gets synced and what doesn't. There are also many apps that have both a Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 version that also sync together between platforms. Weave is one and also Password Padlock (manual sync) and Bing apps are just a few that I use. This interaction is getting better all the time too.
    I think these features are really cool. I always thought it would be cool to have the start screen sync between devices. It doesn't sound like there is anything that the iPhone and Mac sync that Windows can't. It actually sounds like WP8 and Windows sync better than anything else out there.
    04-24-2014 10:41 AM
    The actual OS integrations are few, it's the ancillary applications that have cloud integration that sync. example: iTunes on both, iCal, or OneDrive for office, IE, and xbox music. It's all about the services you are tied into, not always the OS's.
    04-24-2014 03:18 PM