Updating Exchange passwords in Windows Phone 8

panton41

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Since I'm the only one who uses Windows Phone at my help desk job people are coming to me with the rare few Windows Phone questions we get. The biggest one that's been coming up that's important to our job is how to change an Exchange email password. The trouble is we'll unlock an Active Directory account but then it'll get locked when a user's mobile device hits the Exchange server too many times with the wrong password.

Is this a problem with WP8 or is this something that the integration with Exchange prevents? If it is a problem how would one go about changing the password in Exchange. Trying to follow similar steps in my connected Gmail don't work, but I recall it prompting for a password change when it's detected. For that matter could this be connected to the user's Microsoft account and the changes would need to be made there?

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings email+ accounts
Select the exchange account
Click on the password field and type the new password.
Then click on the check mark in the bottom and that's it.

panton41

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have an Exchange account to try on mine. So it's that simple. It doesn't offer a place to change passwords on my Microsoft or Gmail account which is why I assumed there wasn't one for Exchange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes