Some email addresses not showing up in People hub

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Windows Phone. I started with the 520 and now am onto the 1520 (almost a week). Anyways, I wanted to send an email from my contacts list, when I was entering their name it didn't show up. I checked my contacts list to see if they were on there, they were.

Is there a fix to this? I turned my phone off and turned it back on, but that didn't do anything. Is there a setting I may be missing? All contacts are from my Google account. I don't have this issue with my 520 so I'm quite confused as to why I'm getting this issue with the 1520.

FWIW, my 520 was locked to Rogers and the 1520 is unlocked and is the international version RM-937 I bought off Amazon.

Thanks,

Ray

Last edited:

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Contact not showing up in email

I realized some email addresses don't show up for certain contacts. On my 520, all the email addresses are listed. Is there a step I'm missing after syncing my Google account for email addresses to show up?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, RNG816!

I noticed the same thing when I first got my 1520. It's seems to be that you just have to tap the plus button on the right of the line where you type in email addresses when you enter your contacts for the first time. After that first time you should be able to type in that contact's name for it to show up.

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply sd173.

Though the issue I realized I'm having is the email address is no where to be found with the persons contact.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply sd173.

Though the issue I realized I'm having is the email address is no where to be found with the persons contact.

Have you tried this?
From your Gmail inbox in the mail app:

1. Tap the three dots on the bottom right corner of the app.
2. Go to settings.
3. Tap "sync settings"

See which boxes are checked under "content to sync". It's been a long time since I've used a Google account with my phone, but I think there should be an option for contacts. Maybe that box is unchecked which could be causing the issue of email addresses not showing up with contacts?

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried that and I still get the same issue. I even copied my contacts from Google and put them into Outlook, but to no avail.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Try going to people.live.com and see if you can import your contacts from there. After your 1520 has had a chance to sync, this could possibly bring up the email addresses.

Raamakrishnan A

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys,
I have the exact same problem that you talk about. I have my gmail account synced to people app. But I can't see anyones email id. I can simply see that there is a contact with his name and picture. But i can see their email through the mail app. Am I missing something?

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try going to people.live.com and see if you can import your contacts from there. After your 1520 has had a chance to sync, this could possibly bring up the email addresses.

Thanks sd173! That seems to have done the trick. I appreciate the help. Thanks again!

Raamakrishnan A, do what sd173 suggested and it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes