AM / PM not displaying

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925. I am on a short trip to Canada (currently I live and work in China, and that's where the phone was bought). Since my arrival in Canada, it seems as if "AM" and "PM" no longer will display beside the time on the glance screen, and lock screen. I have gone into the time and date settings and have literally tried changing everything (24 time format, auto automatically, setting it manually). 24 hour time works, but nothing else does. It does not matter what I do - the clock will always display the time in 4 digits. For example, it does not matter if it is 9:00 AM, or 9:00 PM - the clock will just show "09:00," unless I have it set to show 24hour time.

Can anyone assist with this issue? It's probably not a big deal, but nonetheless is proving to be one of those little things that annoys me right now.

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Put region settings English(Canada) and time 12h. But they understand in Canada also 24h time setting ;) Only US is a heavy conservativ with oldfasion unit settings.

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My regional settings are already set for Canada / English. However, I don't see any option for 12 hour time within the regional settings. In the date and time settings there is only a switch to turn on / off 24 hour time.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well that's how it has been on my 925 and 920 since I've used them, it doesn't show AM/PM just the time in hh:mm format

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
When 24 hour Is turned on. Am/pm will not show. It has to be turned off for am/pm to show up.

Yes, I know that - that's the whole point of 24 hour time - there is no AM/PM. But, like I first stated - I've tried switching it on / off and the time remains in hh:mm format no matter what I do. Maybe it's always been this way, and I just noticed now, but I could still swear I've seen AM/PM being displayed before.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, even on the lock screen? I could swear I've seen AM/PM indicators there before. Or perhaps I'm out to lunch.
Yeah, this is how it looks and has been unless it used to show before on WP 8 (I'm on 8.1)

tu8e6yju.png

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Just looked at my screen here (928, Verizon, WP8) and it says 9:08, not 09:08, but also no PM (maybe they assume you can work that one out on your own). (Takes a hell of a bender to be that out of sorts to need the help ;) ).

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen an am/pm indicator on the glance screen of either of the two 920's in our house. My phone is set to the 12 hour clock, my husband's to the 24 clock. Mine is the same as shown in the above screen shot, my husband's would show with the 0 in front of the 8.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
AM / PM not displaying

To get off the 24 hour clock I found if I tap the slider it will switch back by itself.
Hold the slider with the tip of the finger and slide it so it will stay put.

Is this what your typing about?

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My 24 hour clock is currently in the off position, yet my display will always display in hh:mm format - on both glance and lock screens, as well as the top right status bar time indicator.

Last edited:

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Ah ha! Fixed it. I just changed my language / regional settings to a random country/language on the list, and then back to Canada / English - now it works. The AM/PM is not there - so perhaps that was just part of my imagination. At least the preceding 1st digit zero is now gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes